Apprentice Project Delivery Manager at The National Archives
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with The National Archives
About The National Archives
The National Archives needs passionate, ambitious and innovative individuals to help us change the way people think about archives. We employ over 600 staff in a diverse range of roles, from records specialists and researchers to web developers and marketing assistants - and we want you to join us.
Apprentice Project Delivery Manager
An opportunity to develop your skills at one of the world’s leading digital archives. The National Archives is looking for a motivated and creative individual to join us as an Apprentice Project Delivery Manager.
As an apprentice you will be working towards a project management qualification recognised by the IPMA at level D.
You will be equipped with best practice knowledge and techniques to become a confident and capable project manager . Our programme prepares you to plan and execute internal or customer-facing projects on time and on budget.
CORE SKILLS COVERED:
- Principles of project management
- Business case, budget and cost control
- Planning, risk and quality
- Project leadership
- Communications and stakeholder management
What you’ll do:
- Undertake blended learning activities to gain knowledge with a mix of workplace experience, class based training and online learning to complement work undertaken in the workplace
- Work closely with IT delivery teams and provide project management support to coordinate and supervise activities relating to testing, deployment and release
- Identify and record departmental risks and mitigating actions
- Provide secretariat support for project boards and meetings
- Collaborate and negotiate with teams across TNA and support work to define the design of IT Services
- Represent the IT Operations Department at internal and external meetings and events
- Apply learning to the workplace and develop the associate project manager processes and activities
What you’ll need:
- Familiarity with project management techniques, ideally in an IT environment
- Strong problem solving abilities
- Good communication and presentation skills with the ability to develop and maintain relationships
- Passion and enthusiasm for new technology with a pro-active, self-motivated and positive attitude
- Willingness and aptitude to learn new skills and to contribute to the team’s objectives
- Ability to work to deadlines and to be delivery focused, providing an excellent level of customer service
- Willingness to help out and perform other roles where required to achieve the team objective; able to work independently or with others in the team
To be eligible to apply you must have:
- Minimum age: 18
- A Level or Level 3 qualification in a similar subject
- Or an existing project management qualification up to Level 3
- Either before or during the apprenticeship, apprentices will be required to achieve level 2 qualifications in English and Mathematics prior to taking end point assessment (EPA). Apprentices are required to achieve a suitable level of knowledge as part of their development such that they achieve an IPMA Level D qualification, prior to their End Point Assessment
This is a full-time, two year Fixed Term Appointment with the possibility of a permanent role at the end of the period.
Start date: January 2018
Benefits: Join us here in beautiful Kew, and you can expect an excellent range of benefits. They include a pension, flexible working and childcare vouchers, as well as discounts with local businesses (e.g. beauty salons and bars). We also offer wellbeing resources (e.g. on-site therapists) and have an on-site gym, restaurant, shop and staff bar.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.