Dealing Operations Apprentice Scheme at M&G
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Dealing Operations Apprentice Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G are looking for a school leaver to join our Equities Dealing Operations Scheme.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship, you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications including Investment Operations Certificate (IOC). This opportunity will enable you to develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by interacting with people across the business at all levels.
Our programme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading Investment Management company, straight after school or college and it is not a graduate programme. It provides an opportunity to receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary. Whilst this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete your IOC during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
The Equities business at M&G is looking for an apprentice to join its Front Office Operations team. The primary purpose of the role will be to provide support to the Broker Relationship Manager and Equity Dealers, undertaking both daily administrative tasks and supporting the team with any ad hoc requests. The scheme will give successful candidates a hands-on and practical introduction to Equities Asset Management and its importance within M&G, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Assisting primarily the Broker Relationship Manager and cross training as trade support for the Equities Dealing team.
- Liaising with Investment Professionals to resolve queries and issues relating to Equities Research.
- Maintenance and where necessary, creation and implementation of processes and controls, in accordance with any regulations and the wider business requirements.
- Provide technical support to Equities Dealers.
- Preparation of regular reports and management information.
- Attend meetings, taking minutes and generate related reports.
- Provide cover for other team members in their absence.
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 on old UCAS tariff) or equivalent)
- English & Maths GCSE at Grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment.
- Able to work effectively under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Numerate, logical and analytical approach.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal, and able to liaise effectively with personnel at all levels.
- P.C. literate, with a willingness to develop IT skills and use of Excel & Word
- Willingness to take part in Microsoft courses and Investment Management Certificate (IMC) studies post Apprenticeship programme
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points (240 on old UCAS tariff), or equivalent; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.