Marketing Apprentice Scheme at M&G Prudential
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with M&G Prudential
Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Marketing Apprentice Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its marketing team.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the IOC during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team
The role is in the content presentation team in M&G’s Retail business, which offers a range of investment products to individuals from across the UK, Europe and Asia. We actively invest our clients’ money across global markets with the goal of helping them to achieve their long-term financial goals. The presentations team work with colleagues from across the Retail business to introduce and promote M&G’s investment products to prospective clients and their financial advisors.
You would be responsible for performing the following typical tasks
- Project manage new presentation material for M&G funds by constructing PowerPoint slides, creating charts and representing data graphically
- Project manage standard presentation requirements for meetings with M&G clients working closely with the allocated investment teams
- Gather data from a large number of different sources and accurately enter into presentations. Be able to identify data that is inconsistent and flag with provider.
- Work on presentations for large scale client events across sales channels working closely with the events and sales teams
- Obtain and manipulate data using systems such as Bloomberg and DataStream
- Editing fund messaging and data throughout the organisation by regular liaison with investment writers, editors and marketing teams
- Transform the written content into richer, visual communication pieces
- Transform slides and messages with creative imagery and thematic story-telling
- Keep abreast of current market themes
- Liaise with other teams at M&G (e.g. Compliance, Finance, Legal) to obtain detailed information
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- 96 UCAS points or equivalent (240 old UCAS tariff)
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed
- A proactive team player who is confident about working independently
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 97 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!