Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Investments Operations Apprentice Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within its Investment Operations business.
Throughout the 12-18 month apprenticeship you will work towards achieving relevant qualifications (including Investment Operations Certificate); develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the IOC during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
The Investment Services business at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Internal Portfolio Client Reporting team. The team provide a centralised administration function, bringing together areas across the M&G Group and our parent Company Prudential including M&G Front & Back Office, International fund managers, Finance and Marketing clients. We report to our Prudential clients on their Life assurance portfolios that are managed by M&G fund managers, also consolidating portfolios managed by other fund managers.
The primary purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support to the Client Reporting Analysts and senior staff, undertaking both daily administrative tasks and supporting the team with any ad hoc requests. The scheme will give successful candidates a hands on and practical introduction to Investment Operations within a client reporting function and its importance within M&G, while providing early exposure to a range of challenging business experiences.
The role is split between satisfying ad-hoc requests and the following regular tasks:
- Daily management of all client instructed cash movements, including confirming appropriate authorisation has been received from the client, manually keying payments into internal cash movement systems, monitoring SWIFT payments and escalating issues to senior colleagues
- Liaising with custodians and third parties via telephone and email to obtain confirmations of cash movements, resolve payment delays and various adhoc queries
- Reviewing reports that reflect cash and stock movements reconciled to the custodian. Work with colleagues, other teams and custodians in order to resolve any differences identified.
- Ensuring accurate records are maintained evidencing controls and assisting on periodic audit assessments
- Liaising with Front and Back Office departments, Actuarial, Finance and overseas offices to carry out the day to day activity that the team is responsible for.
- Continually monitoring and improving where necessary, the processes, controls and procedures associated with the role
- Checking and validating month end data
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 on old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- A logical and analytical approach
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted 96 UCAS points (240 on old UCAS tariff), or equivalent; demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!
Latests jobs from M&G Investments
M&G School Leaver Success, Jason Gish, says... “Given that most of my peers were going to university, leaving school at 18...