Early Years Apprentice - Surrey
by Bright Horizons Family Solutions
Early Years Apprentice
Locations: Surrey – Redhill Royal Earlswood Day Nursery, Farnham Day Nursery, Frimley Green Day Nursery, Teddies Woking Day Nursery, and Godalming Day Nursery
If you are enthusiastic, have a passion for supporting and developing little minds, and are driven to complete a full and relevant, formal qualification in childcare – our Early Years Apprentice opportunity could be perfect for you!
Why Bright Horizons?
We care for over 10,000 children across the UK, across our portfolio of over 300 nurseries, 98% of which are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted. We’re on a mission to change the future for children, families, and the people we work with, and are committed to progressive working values like flexibility, work-life balance, and wellbeing.
What you’ll be doing
- Working as part of a nursey team looking after babies and children up to the age of 5.
- Having daily adventures with our children through interactive play, activities, reading and helping them with their curious minds through the learning curriculum
- Communicating with parents daily on their child’s activities
- Provide a caring and supporting environment where the children feel safe and looked after
- Creating play and learning opportunities that support the children’s learning
- Promote and ensure child welfare, protection, health and safety and safeguarding procedures and policies are followed at all times
- Working alongside your Assessor, including attending all training required for completion of your formal qualification
- Having the ability to manage own time to complete required coursework in the given timeframe
- Driving own development through the active participation in appraisals, one-to-ones, and requesting supervisions where required
- Reflecting and proactively utilising new ideas and initiatives, including feedback, to enhance development and learning
What we can offer you
Our benefits include, but are not limited to;
- Career development opportunities across our network of nurseries
- Amazing discounts, ranging from childcare to high-street, to utility and days out!
- Quarterly Employee Appreciation Weeks – with treats for all the team
- External helpline with professional counsellors – supporting your wellbeing 24 hours a day.
- Access to our extensive library of training and qualifications, to support your continuous development
What we’re looking for
- Commitment to completing your Apprenticeship
- Maths and English qualification GCSE Grade C / Level 4 or above, or Functional Skills Level 2. If not already held, a willingness to complete Functional Skills alongside apprenticeship.
- Previous experience working with children beneficial, but not essential - Nursery Bank Staff, Nursery Assistant, Teaching Assistant, Nursery Practitioner, Early Years Educator, Nanny, Childminder or similar.
- Passion for making learning fun and engaging for each child
- Ability to build trust and strong working relationships with both colleagues and parents
- Ability to use a variety of techniques to clearly and successfully communicate with both children and adults
This role is subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
About Bright Horizons Family Solutions
At Bright Horizons, you’ll find a family of caring, passionate people with unique talents. As leaders in early years, we are committed to making a difference, one child, one family and one organisation at a time. With over 300 nurseries throughout the UK, we always have a wide variety of roles and opportunities available. Whatever role you’re looking for, you’ll be supported during your personal and professional journey.
Our people make us who we are and our award winning teams ensure we’re at the forefront of driving excellence in early years education and innovation. Step into our nurseries and you’ll be inspired by the daily dedication and passion of our teams. Valuing, evolving and celebrating everyone’s individual skills is at our core, ensuring every colleague feels empowered to bring their unique perspective and personality to work.
Recognised as a Great Place to Work since 2006, our HEART principles underpin everything we do. They’re the pillars on which our culture is created, our team spirit grows and on which you can build a rewarding career for life.
If you’re inspired to make a difference in children’s and your colleagues’ lives, celebrating joy, fun and learning each day, there is no better place to move forward in your career than with us here at Bright Horizons.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.