Engaging, rewarding, and offering a wealth of opportunities.... these are just some of the things our staff say about their career at M&G.
We’re not your average financial services firm and our unique culture is just one aspect that makes us stand out from the crowd. We offer a supportive environment that encourages innovation and creativity whilst maintaining a healthy work/life balance. We are large enough to offer a wide variety of career opportunities, but flexible enough to treat you as an individual and tailor training and rotations to your needs.
Human Resources Apprentice Scheme
Have you finished your A Levels and started looking for your first real permanent job? M&G Investments is looking for a school leaver to join its Apprenticeship scheme working within Human Resources - Learning, Talent & Inclusion Team.
Throughout the 12-18 month Apprenticeship you will work towards a Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeship, followed by relevant Learning & Talent qualifications; develop a wide range of skills and competencies by exploring the way the M&G business is run and by engaging with people across the business; receive on the job training and earn a competitive salary.
The scheme is designed to help people without degrees start their careers within a leading investment management company, straight after sixth form or college. It is not a graduate programme.
While this is a permanent role, you must achieve your objectives and complete the qualifications during the 12-18 month programme to roll off permanently into the team.
The Human Resources function at M&G is looking for an Apprentice to join its Learning, Talent and Inclusion team. The primary purpose of the role will be to provide administrative support across the team, which is split across 4 core areas:
- Learning & Regulatory Training - providing Investment Education, Qualifications, Technical and Professional Skills training
- Talent Development – identifying and developing M&G’s top talent and future leaders, including succession planning for business-critical roles
- Long Term Talent – recruiting and developing M&G’s Graduates and Apprentices, with early careers development support for ex-graduates and other long term talent
- Diversity & Inclusion and Talent Intelligence – promoting a diverse and inclusive work place through awareness initiatives, training and networks covering topics such as wellness and mental health, LGBT, and women’s professional development
In particular, the role will work alongside senior consultants and advisers to coordinate the provision of qualifications and training, including classroom courses and workshops, digital learning, coaching and mentoring programmes and other development initiatives. The scheme will give successful candidates a hands on and practical introduction to learning and talent development activity, as well as broader employee wellbeing and engagement initiatives.
- Training Coordination, Escalation and Reporting:
- Processing training events, qualifications, enrolments and de-registrations on the learning management system
- Checking, printing and collation of course materials and booking and preparation of training facilities and environment
- Testing access, navigation and usability of online training modules and digital learning tools
- Reviewing and maintaining internal training logs and records
- Generating training reports to monitor completion status, course evaluation results and employee training needs and trends
- Email and inbox management - ensuring the email support inbox is monitored with timely response or cascade of queries
- Diary and meeting management – coordinating meetings and events with internal/external parties ensuring circulation of meeting papers
- Other responsibilities – processing invoices and providing adhoc admin support to the Talent and Inclusion team members
It is expected that the successful candidate will display the following qualities;
- Achieved or predicted a minimum of 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff), or equivalent
- English and Maths GCSE at grade C or above
- Keen to start a career in a financial services environment
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic and driven to succeed.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail
- An approachable, positive “can do” attitude
- Proactive in learning new skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with willingness to develop these skills further
- Willingness to take part in further qualifications post Apprenticeship
Who can apply?
To join us you will need to have achieved or be predicted a minimum 96 UCAS points (240 old UCAS tariff); demonstrate the drive and motivation to achieve in a challenging role.
M&G is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Our role as an employer is very simple – to provide the right environment for talented people to do their best work, by respecting, understanding and valuing individual differences.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!