“If you don’t take the first step, you will never start the journey. Investing in ideas, concepts, research and people is the life blood of our business. Invention and innovation are what drives me and all the engineering team, aiming for simple solutions that challenge what is achievable, keeping our eyes on the ball and being quick on our feet to understand customer needs and desires.” - Alan Stannah, Joint Chairman
We know a thing or two about apprenticeships too. They have always played a part in our business and a number of our directors started their careers as apprentices with us. With apprentices out in the field, at our manufacturing sites and in our engineering teams we now have opportunities within the office to nurture a wide range of talents from NVQ through to degree level.
Lift Engineer - Dartford
Choosing to study for an apprenticeship with Stannah can be both an inspiring and rewarding way to start your career. As an apprentice, you can expect support to achieve your potential and know that no two days will be the same
Through work experience, studying, coaching, training and development (both practical and vocational) complete a course of study and obtain work related professional qualifications ensuring they are able to carry out the role of technician competently and effectively within a pre-determined time frame
We have an exciting career opportunity for an Apprentice Lift Engineer at our Dartford branch.
Our Apprenticeship training programme is three to four years in duration and includes both practical training and further education. As you progress through our NVQ programme, you will have the opportunity to demonstrate the knowledge and skills that you will gain from working closely with our experienced engineers on site, whilst attending college on day release to achieve academic qualifications.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To undertake a range of tasks suited to the current level of training and development
- To attend college or engage in distant learning with LEIA and complete course work on time and to a high standard
- To produce, maintain and be responsible for content, accuracy and sign off of log books
- To take on additional responsibility in Years 3 & 4 of Apprenticeship
- To understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time
- To understand and comply with policies and procedures
- To carry out work in a safe and diligent manner
- To comply with all Health & Safety policies and procedures
- To attend and fully participate regular training and development reviews with line management, mentor, HR representatives and Training Department
- To undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required
To be considered for a Lift Engineering Apprenticeship you must have achieved a minimum of GCSE Grade A to C passes in Maths, English and a Science subject. GCSE grade A to C passes in ICT would be desirable.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!