Apprentice Cyber Security Test Professional - Hemel Hempstead
Apprentice Cyber Security Test Professional
We’ve got about 1.2 million customers ranging from big household names, government departments and public service organisations right through to small businesses and new start-ups. You’ll be joining our expert team of experienced Cyber Test Professionals, so you can learn directly from the best.
- You’ll help to deliver a first-class customer experience to lots of different customers, who’ve all got very different and complex needs
- You’ll be responsible for conducting end to end testing activities on complex projects in line with our strategy
- You’ll improve our customer’s end-user experience of testing through Right First Time Operation, high value test focus, efficiencies gained, quality of outputs, clear and simple communications and reporting, as well as continual improvements in processes
- We’re not expecting you to know everything when you join, so we’ll start you off with some key concepts like the ITIL Framework, how to accurately report testing progress and how to identify and log defects. On top of that, you’ll find out about things like how to apply the relevant laws and ethics to your work
It’s a job that involves a lot of teamwork; everyone relies on and helps each other to do the best job possible for our business customers. You’ll have a lot going on at once and can be managing lots of complex workloads and competing priorities. But we’ll work with you to make sure you can manage it. And we’ll also contribute to your ongoing development as well, by helping you study for your ITIL V4 certification, in addition to your apprenticeship.
Training to be provided
As a Cyber Security Technician, you’ll study for a Level 3 apprenticeship, called Cyber Security Technician.
Your apprenticeship scheme will last 18 months and 20% of your working hours will be dedicated to studying.
And we’ll also contribute to your ongoing development as well, by helping you study for your ITIL V4 certification, in addition to your apprenticeship.
- Bold decision maker
- Inspiring communicator
- Collaborative partner
- Change agent
- Commercial thinker
- Solution focused
- Customer champion
- You’ll need to achieve (or be on course to achieve) two A-Levels with a minimum of C grades
- You’ll also need a minimum of five GCSEs at grades 4-9 (C or above) or equivalent including English and Maths
- Equivalent qualifications are accepted
- Please note: All of our apprentice schemes are subject to eligibility criteria
- Ability to assimilate into a permanent role with the BT Group on completion of the apprenticeship
BT is the world’s most established communications company, employing over 90,000 people across 180 countries, which offers a world of possibilities for all globally. We help people to communicate anywhere, at any time and with any technology they want.
Known as a major technology player who pioneers the digital advances that shape and drive the information age, BT help people create, collaborate and communicate better than ever before.
In the UK we are a leading communications services provider, selling products and services to consumers, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.