Automation and Control Engineering Technician Apprenticeship
Level 4 Automation and Control Engineering Technician
Automation and Control Engineering Technician, install, maintain, fault find and optimise hardware and software for automation systems.
Typically, this involves the above duties across a range of hardware such as on Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC), the use of physical tools, software tools and instruments to carry out tasks associated with building installing and maintaining of automation systems.
What will you study, for example?
- Engineering Mathematics.
- Engineering Maths
- Engineering Science
- Instrumentation and Control
- Automation, Robotics and PLCs
- Electrical and Electronic Principles
- Electrical Systems and Fault Finding
- Engineering Design
- Managing a Professional Engineering Project
What qualifications will you acquire at the end of the programme?
Higher National Certificate in General Engineering
Entry Level Requirements
Already employed in a suitable engineering role or have relevant engineering experience.
In addition to ONE of the following:
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Engineering overall grade DM (Distinction Merit) or higher.
- A minimum of two A-Levels at grade 5 (or C) or above, including mathematics-based subject and a science, technology, engineering, or an additional mathematics-related subject.
- EAL Diploma in an engineering-based subject at M (Merit) or above.
- Equivalent qualifications such as Cambridge Technical Levels at MM (Merit Merit) or above.
Plus A minimum of three GCSEs at grade 5 (or C) or above, in mathematics, English and a science, technology or engineering-related subject.
Applicants are required to successfully complete the AMRC and Employer recruitment and selection process to secure a place on an apprenticeship programme.
Things to consider
Throughout programme apprentices are required to attend the University of Sheffield AMRC training centre in Sheffield, for example, 1 day per month which will require travel and overnight hotel accommodation.
Unilever is a global fast-moving consumer goods company and is one of the world’s leading suppliers of Beauty & Personal Care, Home Care, and Foods & Refreshment products, reaching 2.5 billion consumers a day. Unilever has more than 400 brands found in homes all over the world, including Persil, Dove, PG Tips & Magnum.
All our apprenticeship programmes offer you on the job experience and formal training to give you the knowledge and skills to fire-up your career and give you the opportunity to work towards nationally recognised qualifications. Our apprenticeship opportunities are available across Business & Technology, Research & Development and Engineering.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.
Please note that applications may close before the application deadline, so apply early to avoid disappointment.