Design and Artwork Apprenticeship at GSK
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
Design and Artwork Apprenticeship
Ever wondered who designs the artwork for the tubes of Sensodyne toothpaste or alters the logo for Aquafresh? If so, you might be interested in our Design and Artwork apprenticeship.
At our Barnard Castle site, we manage the artwork for our Pharmaceuticals, Vaccines and Consumer Healthcare businesses. Apprentices are key in helping us to produce high quality artwork for our leaflets, packaging and labels.
What does a Design and Artwork apprenticeship involve?
You will be providing the technical specifications and drawings for our leaflets, cartons and labels. Next there’s proof reading to make sure everything is quality checked and giving the patients the correct information they need.
You will also learn about packaging materials and equipment as well as training as an Artwork Operator and a CAD Operator in this specialist field.
Your apprenticeship will combine on-the-job learning with a programme of training and development. Your role may involve:
- Providing technical specifications for drawings
- Supplying artwork for global packaging.
- Proof reading and quality checking leaflets and labels
- Creative design work and graphic elements.
- Communicating with clients from all around the world.
- Contributing to the product packaging and advertising for market leading brands.
What will this apprenticeship offer me?
Our multi-skilled Advanced apprenticeship offers you the opportunity to train as a CAD operator, an Artwork Operator, a Proofreader or an Artwork Planner whilst gaining valuable, paid work experience.
This three year programme provides you with:-
- An Advanced Apprenticeship
- An NVQ level 3 qualification.
- Other industry standard qualifications
- Hands-on experience of the whole packaging artwork process
- An opportunity to work for one of the largest science-led healthcare companies in the world.
What qualifications do I need to apply?
To be eligible for our Design and Artwork apprenticeship programme, you will need:
- A minimum 5 GCSEs A*-C (or equivalent) including Maths and English Language (not Literature)
What our apprentices say about the Design and Artwork apprenticeship...
“The learning curve I have experienced since I joined the company has been the best part of my apprenticeship at GSK so far. I have expanded my personal portfolio with a wide range of different qualifications that the company has put me through whilst at the same time gaining valuable industry knowledge and experience.”
“My biggest challenge has been moving with GSK to work on in Verona, Italy for a long period of time. The experiences gained from the change in language, culture and working environment have all helped me to become a more able employee to the company.”
When does the apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in September 2017.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.