Apprentice Secretary and Receptionist - Leeds, Bristol, Liverpool & Amersham
We are proud to be a leading independent UK consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. Each individual delivers on our shared values and our commitment to ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality.
We aim to continue our growth by recruiting talented and committed individuals that have the desire to learn and develop. We strive to employ staff who share our values and can bring special skills - enhancing the service that we provide to our clients.
The role of our Secretarial operations is to provide central administration support services to all business areas at Barnett Waddingham. In order to provide these services our team includes Secretaries, Receptionists, Facilities and Operations positions that all work together. The position of Apprentice Secretary and Receptionist will provide secretarial and administration services including front of house reception duties. In addition to the role duties you will be supported through Business Administration Level 3 qualification.
This is a varied and exciting opportunity based in our busy central London office. The role is a mix of secretarial and receptionist duties including:
Secretarial Duties include:
- Processing incoming and outgoing post
- Ordering and distributing stationery
- Archiving, Scanning and E-Filing
- Preparing reports and agenda documents
- Data entry/typing or amending documents
- Assisting the Secretaries with team duties
Reception duties include:
- Meeting and greeting clients, suppliers and employees from other offices
- Booking, set up and clearing of meeting rooms
- Ordering catering and other refreshments for meetings
- Courier and taxi bookings
- Assisting the Charity Coordinator in organising monthly fundraising event
- Ideally education up to A-Level standard with grade C or higher in 2 or more subjects.
- GCSE grade 5 / C or above including Maths and English
- Good verbal communication style and has a good grasp of grammar and spelling
- Is conscientious ensuring that work is completed to a good standard and within specified timescales
- Is flexible and responsive to changing needs
- Remains calm under pressure. Is always polite and courteous to clients and staff
What's in it for you?
Core & Flexible Benefits:
- 18 Month Apprentice Contract
- Fully supportive training program studying Level 3 Qualification
- Competitive discretionary annual bonus
- Core benefits paid for by BW including life assurance, group income protection, private medical cover and 25 days holiday per year with holiday trading
- A generous pension scheme where we contribute 8% of your salary from day one of your employment
- Employee Assistance Programme to support you and your family through any concerns or challenges you may experience
- A comprehensive range of voluntary benefits to suit your life stage and lifestyle including a tech scheme, cycle to work scheme, dental cover, healthcare cash plan, health assessments, critical illness cover, extension of private medical cover or life assurance to family members, gym membership, travel insurance and a broad range of discounts at hundreds of retailers including supermarkets, fitness centres, travel and leisure companies
- Fresh fruit, hot and cold drinks provided free of charge in all of our offices
Giving Something Back:
- 1 paid volunteering day per year as a commitment to our Corporate Social Investment
- Support your favourite charity with the "Give as You Earn" option
- Match-funding for individuals raising money for a recognised charity
- Our corporate social investment programme is an integral part of what we do and is focused on ensuring that our overall impact is a positive one. We recognise that we have an impact that goes beyond our core activities.
Values: our values are PRINCIPLED, RESPECT, QUALITY AND PARTNERSHIP - they are important to us and we want them to be important to you as well.
Wellbing: employee wellbeing has always been important to us and our approach is to create an environment where individuals will be engaged at work, successful in what they do and able to achieve their full potential, benefiting both their self and the business. BW offer a great range of employee benefits as we believe it's important individuals are supported in making choices which are flexible enough to meet their needs and help support their wellness.
Diversity: we are committed to having a diverse and inclusive workforce where people from all backgrounds, beliefs and perspectives can thrive, feel welcome and develop to their full potential. Our recruitment processes are designed to be fair and consistent and enable candidates to compete on a level playing field.
Your progression: we offer career progression opportunities and a focus on training and professional development to provide you with the tools and skills to thrive. We also offer study support for relevant professional or skills qualifications.
Other activities: we have clubs, sporting events, social, cultural and belief groups across our offices if you’d like to join in and meet like-minded people.
About Barnett Waddingham
Founded in 1989, Barnett Waddingham has grown to become a leading independent UK professional services consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. From small beginnings with just 20 people, we are now a team of over 1,270 people in eight offices. 89 are partners, each delivering on our values and our promise, ensuring the highest levels of trust, integrity and quality. We act as a trusted partner for a wide range of clients in both the private and public sectors – this includes almost 25% of FTSE 100 and over 15% of FTSE 350 companies.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.