Apprentice Sports Insurance Broker
You will work round all our Departments within Marshall Wooldridge to gain a well-rounded experience of the wide range of Insurance solutions we offer to our Clients. You will work with our Personal Lines Team, our SME team, a Commercial Team and also our Claims team.
You will work closely with the members of the department who will provide professional guidance and support at every step of your journey.
Day to date activities will consist of the following:
- Learning the Processes and Procedures of Marshall Wooldridge
- Processing Mid Term Adjustments
- Checking and Issuing Policy documentation
- Answering Clients queries over the phone
- Answering Clients queries via email
- Invoicing transactions
- Renewing Insurance policies
- Quoting for New Clients
- Dealing with Claims
All activities will be undertaken under full supervision and support will be provided at every stage.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Quality of advice/Product knowledge.
- Compliance with Marshall Wooldridge Ltd procedures.
- Innovation/problem solving.
- Quality of Computer Records.
- Quality of Completed Paperwork.
- Queries from Customers & Internal staff.
- Maintenance of Company Service Standards.
Training to be provided
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role. All apprentices are required to complete and evidence 20% of the job learning whilst on their apprenticeship.
Our Level 3 Insurance Practitioner apprenticeship standard consists of the following:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA) - conducted by an external provider (Portfolio, project, and panel interview)
The end-point assessment is designed to enable apprentices to demonstrate that they are fully conversant in the skills knowledge and behaviours expected of individuals at this level. It is designed to provide assessors with a holistic view of the apprentice, and to allow them to assess to what extent the apprentice meets or exceeds the apprenticeship standard.
- In new colleagues we are always looking for enthusiasm, dedication and a desire to learn and grow
- Attention to detail and quality is also key as we need to ensure that we present ourselves to our Clients in a professional manor
- Knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel would be beneficial
- Ability to interact with our clients in a professional manor
- Desire to learn new skills
Minimum of 4 GCSE’s or equivalents which must include a minimum of Level 2 in maths and English.
Potential to progress into a full-time position upon completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
We have been awarded Chartered Insurer Status by the CII and we have an excellent colleague exam support policy which provides both financial and practice assistance to any colleagues wishing to undertake their Insurance exams.
We are able to put in place dedicated Development Plans for Colleagues to provide them with the learning and support their need to achieve their professional goals.
Even though Marshall Wooldridge have been trading since 1973, we are an ever evolving Company. You will have the opportunity to join a relatively new team of forward thinking colleagues and have the opportunity to evolve with the Company.
We are due to move to new premises in the next couple of months and this will be accompanied by a new brand design to highlight that we are looking forwards to the future.
There are a number of exciting new products on the horizon that we are already specialising in whilst other Insurance Brokers are anxious about new products we are embracing them.
As a member of GRP, Marshall Wooldridge enjoys a wide range of employee benefits, from shopping discounts to a cycle to work scheme.
We have 4 other Insurance Brokers in the Marshall Wooldridge Group who all specialise in different areas of Insurance.
The Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage guide (ANMW): https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About MARSHALL WOOLDRIDGE LIMITED
Marshall Wooldridge is an Independent Insurance Broker based in Yeadon. We cover a wide range of Insurance requirements from Personal Lines to High Net Work, from SME businesses to large mutli-national Corporate Companies. Our specialisms are in the sports sector, Agriculture, Renewable Energies, Construction and Life Sciences and Tech. We currently have two locations in Yeadon. The Marshall Wooldridge group of Companies comprises of 5 other companies all based in Yorkshire.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.