Commercial Management Degree Apprenticeship HS2 - London
The role of the commercial manager in contracting covers all financial aspects of a project, from bidding for work through to the close out of final accounts when the project is completed. This involves procurement of works and the subsequent management of costs through the design and construction phase.
As an Apprentice Commercial Manager you will be assisting the Senior Commercial Manager with a variety of responsibilities, including:
- Producing monthly applications for payment
- Raising interim payment certificates (IPC’s) for sub-contract packages
- Administering interim statement of accounts (ISA)Updating cash flow forecasts
- Assisting in the internal cost reporting process
- Procuring of sub-contract packages which includes carrying out reviews, comparisons and assessments of tender returns
- Attending mid and post tender meetings with potential sub-contractors and suppliers
- Drafting of sub-contract
- Managing the cost of construction packages (e.g. demolition work, roofing and cladding) including assessing/reviewing variation costs
- Settling of final accounts with supply chain
You will be sponsored through a five-year part-time BSc degree in quantity surveying. We will provide support and mentoring to develop your experience and achieve Membership of the Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors within six years.
- 112 UCAS points from three A Levels (or equivalent UCAS points) or a construction-related Level 3 BTEC Diploma at MMM grade or above
- Six GCSEs grade C or above including mathematics and english (reformed GCSEs grade 4 or above)
- We welcome qualifications from around the world: IELTS score of 6.0 or Cambridge Proficiency or Advanced Grade C
In addition to the minimum requirements, candidates must have:
- Strong numerical skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail
- The ability to work effectively in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Mace is an international consultancy and construction company, founded and built on exceptional people, a commitment to service excellence and an entrepreneurial spirit.
Mace is a £1.97bn company, with over 6,000 employees, operating from five global hubs and inspiring each other and our clients to innovate. Our vision is to be the industry leader in helping to shape cities and build sustainable communities. We strive to find better ways to deliver for our clients, communities and the construction industry. We constantly challenge the status quo, make the seemingly impossible possible, and will always do so.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.
Awards for Mace Group
Latests jobs from Mace Group
- Mace Group
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
- Mace Group
- Apprenticeship - Higher Level (Level 4/5/6/7)