What Will You Do?
This opportunity will see you learning the ropes in the kitchen under the guidance of your Head Chef, Sous Chef, Kitchen Team, General Manager and the Shepherd Neame Food Development Team.
Your Apprenticeship will last between 12-14 months and will consist of:
- 70% on the job experience at the pub
- 20% mentoring & coaching
- 10% classroom, course & reading
Your programme of study will include:
- Learning to support the running of a section, preparation of meat, fish, poultry, vegetables and sauces as part of the kitchen brigade at your pub
- Learning to prepare fresh ingredients ready for service to Shepherd Neame quality standards
- Training from a qualified chef lecturer in classical techniques
- Expert-led masterclasses in a range of essential skills from butchery to pasta making
- Group support at a monthly apprentice group meeting with a personal learning and development manager
- Monthly culinary clubs
- You will have a varied working week to include mornings, daytimes, evenings, weekends and some bank holidays, so you must be flexible in terms of working hours
Training to be provided
- Level 2 training as a commis chef apprentice
- Functional skills if needed
Who Is This Opportunity For?
School leavers, career changers, those looking to retrain as a chef or simply anyone looking to start their career in the Kitchen. So long as you are passionate about food are motivated, committed and have great communication skills, we can teach you the rest!
- As listed in desired skills
- None required
- The opportunity for a permanent job upon completion of your apprenticeship
Things to consider
Our aim is to attract, retain and develop the best people at Shepherd Neame, which is why we offer you the following benefits;
- 30 hour week contract
- Pay rate in line with the National Minimum wage (above Government apprenticeship standard)
- Paid breaks
- Share of tips & gratuities
- Possibility to earn more with overtime hours where available
- All travel and training expenses paid for
- Early wage withdrawal scheme (Wagestream)
- Access to a Workplace Mental Health Platform offering proactive support for all areas of life (UNMIND)
- Company pension plan
- App for online rota management
- 28 days paid holiday per year
About Shepherd Neame Limited
Shepherd Neame is Britain’s oldest brewer, specialising in Pubs, Restaurants & Hotels, all run as individual businesses across Kent, London and throughout the southeast.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.