Asset Management Degree Apprenticeship
The Degree Apprenticeship programme is a structured 48-month (4 year) programme, designed to help you build the skills, behaviours and attributes to forge a long and varied career within HSBC. To achieve this, Asset Management will give you broad exposure to how the business operates and allowing you to gain the knowledge to work towards a BSc (Hons) in Financial Services Management via the LIBF.
You will have constant support throughout your programme, including a dedicated mentor and development team, study days (both group and independent) designed to build your soft and technical skills, access to a vast array of learning tools and materials (both internal and external) and on the job coaching. You will also receive support during the final year of your programme to help you secure your destination role within the organisation.
What will I be doing?
- You will deal exclusively with customers, and will be responsible for providing great service
- Building relationships with our customers by truly listening to their needs – and supporting them with the products and services that are right for them
- Learning about the Asset Management business and roles within it
- Bringing a fresh perspective and viewpoint and proactively offering your thoughts
- Bringing a good sense of fun and humour to the role is essential too!
What do I need to be successful in this role?
We’re looking for committed and driven individuals who wish to pursue a career in banking. As you will be balancing your day to day job alongside studying for a degree level qualification, it is essential that you can manage your own time and set yourself manageable targets. You will be working with a huge variety of HSBC colleagues, so being able to engage with, ask questions of and seek support from these individuals will be central to your own learning and development. Lastly, we put the customer at the heart of everything we do so ensuring you always strive to deliver excellent service will set you apart.
What to expect
At HSBC we value every member of our team. We take the time to get to know our staff and will support you with a tailored development plan and wide exposure to a variety of potential internal career opportunities. In addition to on-the-job training, you will have access to the wider learning and development curriculum offered at HSBC, including HSBC University, as well as opportunities to get involved in countless side-desk activities such as joining our Employee Network Groups and participate in sustainability activities. With so many avenues to explore, it will be down to you as an individual to choose which areas to be involved in.
Qualifications and Requirements
The successful candidate for this role must have:
- Minimum 5 GCSEs at grade C/4 or above including English & Maths(or equivalent)
- 96 UCAS points across 3 A levels (not including General Studies) (or equivalent)
- Clear communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to learn and work at pace with changing priorities
- Must be an external applicant, not already working for HSBC or any subsidiary of HSBC
- Must have been a resident in the UK for the last 3 years consecutively
Other desirable qualities are:
- Being highly proactive and effectively managing your own time
- Being an effective networker with the ability to maintain positive working relationships
- Committed to personal development and the full term of the apprenticeship programme
- Experience of the working with customers or people through volunteering or work experience
Due to the nature of degree apprenticeships and apprenticeship funding rules, HSBC will not accept applications from candidates who already hold a Degree.
All successfully candidates will complete a mandatory apprenticeship programme including the BSc Financial Services Management
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
We reserve the right to close the applications early. Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
If you’re looking for a career which will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities. As an HSBC apprentice in the UK, you will have access to tailored professional development opportunities and a competitive pay and benefits package. This includes private healthcare for all UK-based employees, enhanced maternity and adoption pay and support when you return to work, and a contributory pension scheme with a generous employer contribution.