Level 3 Data Professional Apprenticeship
We offer an exciting 24-month apprentice programme for students that are looking to work with us to deliver on our mission to save and improve lives. An apprenticeship with us will give you the opportunity to collaborate alongside subject matter experts, bring your own ideas and share real responsibility whilst delivering on meaningful projects alongside a passionate, diverse and inclusive workforce.
This role will be based in our brand new, state-of-the-art co-working facilities in Moorgate, London; with fantastic amenities and support services including a gym, coffee bar and conference rooms.
Who we are…?
We are a global biopharmaceutical leader with a diverse portfolio of prescription medicines, oncology, vaccines and animal health products. We are driven by our purpose to develop and deliver innovative products that save and improve lives. With over 70,000 employees operating in more than 140 countries, we offer state of the art laboratories, plants and offices that are designed to Inspire our employees as we learn, develop and grow in our careers. We are proud of over 125 years of service to humanity and continue to be one of the world’s biggest investors in Research & Development.
We are officially certified by the Top Employer Institute and been awarded the exclusive Top Employer United Kingdom Certification for the third year running.
Our Human Health Division maintains a “patient first, profits later” ideology. The organization is comprised of sales, marketing, market access, digital analytics and commercial professionals who are passionate about their role in bringing our medicines to our customers worldwide.
Joining our dedicated and expert team as an apprentice will help build a strong foundation for your success in your future. The Insight, Analytics and Systems Team in the UK is responsible for Market Research, Market Intelligence, data analysis, systems management, forecasting, performance monitoring, and metrics tracking across MSD’s Product Portfolio and the success applicant students will get involved in all aspects. We work closely with Marketing, Sales and Finance to support market understanding and effective customer engagement to ensure we focus on emphasising the value of our products to our customers and, more importantly, patients across multiple channels (including digital). We play a critical role in guiding business decisions, tactical planning and evaluate of performance across all channels.
Level 3 Data Professional Apprenticeship Programme
Our 24-Month Apprenticeship programme offers an excellent opportunity for those eager to take their first steps into a career in Data and Analytics.
As an apprentice, you will be a key member of our Insights, Analytics and Systems team, working alongside subject matter experts delivering on meaningful projects that make a real difference. You will have the opportunity to develop key skills, gain valuable experiences, network with professionals across our organisation all whilst receiving full support from a friendly team and studying towards a fully funded externally recognised qualification.
You will get the opportunity to collaborate and support on a variety of projects throughout your apprenticeship programme that will support you in your learning and achieving your qualification.
Some of your duties could include:
- Working to understand the structure of MSD; our products and services we deliver and the sector in which we operate
- Understanding the role of the Insights, Systems and Analytics team, understanding our business strategy and how these apply to your role
- Gain an understanding of our systems, tools and processes we use in our team and how to apply them to required tasks
- Sourcing and collecting data securely
- Collating and formatting data to facilitate analysis to influence and support business decisions
- Creating engaging insights from the data analysis and presenting conclusions and recommendations to the business
- Exploring and combining data from different sources and formats
- Store, manage and share data securely in line with regulatory requirements
- Effectively managing relationships with colleagues via phone, email and face-to-face
- Collaborating with colleagues/customers internally to explore value from data
- You will have completed your GCSE’s or equivalent studies
- You will have also completed, or you will also need to have completed your further education or equivalent by September 2021
Qualities we look for
- Operates with a high level of integrity, transparency and accountability
- Comprehends and aligns with our organization’s core values
- Aligns and fosters a culture of diversity and inclusivity
- Demonstrates initiative, proactivity and academic curiosity
- Encourages and boosts their colleagues through teamwork
- Demonstrates clear and effective communication
- Demonstrates a desire to learn and improve their performance through feedback
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.