Data Analytics and Digital Technology Solutions – Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6) – Moorgate, London at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Data Analytics and Digital Technology Solutions – Degree Apprenticeship (Level 6) – Moorgate, London
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college or university qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
It is an exciting time for innovation and the power of data in the construction industry. Joining Skanska as a Data Analyst Apprentice, you will study towards a Digital Technology Solutions degree with focus on data analytics while applying your learning by helping us improve the way we collect, manage, and use data. You will help us become more operationally efficient by providing data analysis solutions to expand our expertise in the use of automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What you will learn to do:
- Develop data analysis expertise to impact the following areas: improved productivity, reducing defecting work, eliminating accidents, visual reporting, capitalising on insights through Internet of Things, cost management
- Import, cleanse, transform and validate data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for business decision making purposes
- Present data visualisation using charts, graphs, tables and other more sophisticated visualisation tools such as PowerBi
- Perform routine statistical analysis and respond to ad-hoc queries
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Report on conclusions gained from analysing data using a range of statistical software tools
- Summarise and present results to range of stakeholders making recommendations
- At University, you will learn skills in a range of areas including software, business and systems analysis, cyber security, data analysis and network infrastructure. You will learn to implement technology solutions that enable business to develop new products and services and to increase an organisation’s productivity using digital technologies
What we offer:
- Through day release (one day per week), Skanska will provide funding to help you achieve a Level 6 qualification in Digital Technology Solutions with data analytics focus
- Line manager, buddy and wider Skanska support to help you succeed
- A competitive apprentice salary and benefits
Who you are:
- Interested in emerging technologies supporting data management
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
- To enrol you on Level 6 Digital Technology Solutions degree course with London South Bank University, you will need either A Levels (BCC), BTEC National Diploma (DMM) or equivalent Level 3 qualification worth 112 UCAS points
Working environment: central London, office based with occasional visits to our building sites
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
The Skanska Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.