Building Maintenance Operative – Level 2/3 Apprenticeship – MOD Whitehall, London at SkanskaTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Building Maintenance Operative – Level 2/3 Apprenticeship – MOD Whitehall, London
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college qualification, put everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training and earn a salary.
We are looking for an Apprentice Building Maintenance Operative to join our facilities management team based at MOD (Ministry of Defence) Whitehall. You will be helping to ensure the building is in a safe working condition by carrying out planned and emergency maintenance.
What you’ll learn:
- Maintain and repair doors, doorframes and any associated fittings & fixtures
- Carry out minor carpentry repairs and fixing of shelves and pictures
- General handyperson tasks
- Maintain basic plumbing systems, such as WC`s, taps and drainage
- Maintain basic electrical installations
- Understand the requirement for water hygiene in commercial buildings
- Understand the need for excellent customer service to those who occupy and visit the building
- Working safely as part of a team in line with Skanska Health and Safety policy
MOD (Ministry of Defence) Whitehall – your will work indoors and will be on your feet for most of the day. You will learn to use simple tools to complete maintenance tasks across the building. You will attend a London based college once a week and work the remaining four days.
The nearest train stations are Westminster or Embankment, and both are less than a 5-minute walk from MOD Whitehall. You will work two shifts alternating each week – shift A is from 7am to 4pm and shift B is from 9am to 6pm.
Apprenticeship start date: September 2021
Who you are:
- There are no minimum academical entry criteria to enrol on this Level 2 apprenticeship, however, you will need to have genuine interest in starting your career in building maintenance
- Enthusiastic to learn
- Due to the nature of the building, you will be working in, you will need to undergo security clearance – you will need a clean criminal record and unbroken residency in the UK in the last 5 years.
What we offer:
- Through day release to college, we will provide support and funding to achieve Level 2 qualification as a Property Maintenance Operative (12 months to complete)
- Line manager, buddy and wider Skanska support to help you succeed
- Competitive apprentice salary and London travel allowance to help with your travel cost
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Applications may close before the deadline, so please apply early to avoid disappointment.