Engineering Apprenticeship at Signify Commercial UK Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
You will be greeted by our warm and friendly team who are there to support you in your application. We want you to feel comfortable and to be able to tell your friends what a friendly and welcoming experience you had.
Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career whilst working and studying in a global organisation.
This Apprenticeship will give you the opportunity to experience from day one what is like to be an integral part of our team in fast paced working environment. Don't worry about your technical capabilities, you will learn about all technical aspects of lighting and their controls, including fault finding, commissioning, installation, quality investigations, surveys and much more on the job and from attending college.
During your 3 year apprenticeship, you will have the opportunity to:
- Work closely with a number of internal departments including Customer Satisfaction, Sales, Lighting Design, etc.
- Learn about the latest lighting technology and their application
- Gain full knowledge of the application, programming and commissioning of lighting control systems
- Register and manage complaints/issues within the Service Management System
- Develop ability to fault find both within a workshop environment and in the field, and provide resolution
- Learn how to complete electrical test to complete root cause analysis
- Gain full understanding of the different industry accreditation systems
- Undertake a development programme leading to a National Vocational Qualification as part of an Apprenticeship
Training to be provided
Engineering Fitter Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- Full access to the Signify Learning portal
- Engineering classes at Farnborough College of Technology
- Understanding of Microsoft Office programs (particularly Excel, Word and PPt), but we appreciate you may not be an experienced user.
- Eager to learn and reliable
- Good communicator, teamworker and dedicated
- Passionate, energised and motivated
- Proactive with your approach
- Between the age of 16 plus
- Resident in England. Position is based in Guildford, Surrey
- GCSE/ BTEC attainment, GCSEs grade C/4 including maths and English
- After successful completion of your 3 year apprenticeship you will be offered a permanent role at Signify having successfully demonstrated the appropriate skills and behavior for effective performance
- There are also opportunities to continue learning to gain further external qualifications in addition to the many learning opportunities within Signify
Things to consider
- Annual salary from £17,000 with 25 days' holiday (plus bank holidays)
- An annual bonus
- Various Flexible Benefits
- Qualification opportunity with external provider
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- Opportunity to buy Signify products with discount
- Develop your workplace skills and experience and help you build the foundations of your future career
- Learn how decisions and actions are made within a global business environment
- Great working environment with Gaming Area, Free Friday Breakfast, Daily Fresh Fruits and Social Events
About Signify Commercial UK Limited
Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive while working in a fast-paced company. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career while transforming our industry.
As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.