Crop Technician/Grower Level 3 Apprenticeship - Selby at Aps Produce Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Crop Technician/Grower Level 3 Apprenticeship - Selby
This apprenticeship offers the opportunity for people with prior scientific or engineering backgrounds a route into one of the largest commercial growing operations in the UK.
As a level 3 horticultural apprentice, we foresee the successful candidates as on the first steps towards becoming a commercial grower. Horticultural growers play a key role to the future success of our business and the industry in general.
We expect that our apprentices will seize this exciting new learning opportunity to develop themselves and progress in this industry.
Our apprentices’ duties will include:
- Being involved in all aspects of commercial tomato production including the scientific monitoring and control of plant technologies
- Becoming skilled with plant related control systems and equipment
- Understanding and problem-solving engineered solutions
- Learning about and engaging with other aspects of the business including commercial, technical and supply chain to gain a full understanding about modern large-scale horticultural businesses
- Actively participating in onsite coaching into management and leadership skills
- Involvement in new projects and developments for the group
This vacancy will include residential study weeks at Reaseheath College (estimated at 3 weeks total as a minimum)
Training to be provided
- Reaseheath Training will be the apprenticeship training provider for this Apprenticeship
- The employer will give guidance and support throughout and a mentor will be assigned to you
- Off-the-job training must make up at least 20% of the apprentice’s contracted hours, over the total duration of the apprentice’s planned training period
- This Standard apprenticeship may include Functional Skills in maths, English & ICT
- Reaseheath Training also offer optional extra industry qualifications at additional cost.
- This vacancy will include residential study weeks at Reaseheath College (estimated at 3 weeks total as a minimum)
- Prior learning in Science or Engineering desirable but not essential
- Willingness to learn
Desired qualifications for a Level 3 Apprenticeship:
- English & maths - Minimum acceptable grade C/4
- Functional Skills level 2 – English & mathematics - Pass
- APS is committed to assisting our colleagues to achieve their maximum potential in all areas
- We would expect our apprentices to develop their careers in line with their abilities
- There is a potential to move into management positions and in particular move towards high level growing roles
About Aps Produce Ltd
APS is the UK’s largest tomato grower with the capacity to supply up to 4.5 million punnets of tomatoes per week. The business has rapidly expanded over the last 10 years of its 70-year history. This has been achieved through the combination of innovative market leading technological advances and business development.
We are a family run business with a family orientated work ethic that focuses on our people.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.