In Vivo Biology Apprenticeship at GSK
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
In Vivo Biology Apprenticeship
You will be part of the Research & Development (R&D) function based in the In-vivo Science and Delivery (IVSD) team based at Stevenage which is GSK’s UK R&D Hub, which is the heart of innovation, discovering and developing differentiated, high-quality and needed medicines that are bringing transformational benefit to patients.
On our 3-year programme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Foundation degree (FdSc) in Applied Bioscience through a blended approach of day study and block release.
Your duties might include:
- Working with laboratory animals so an affinity and caring attitude towards animals is critical.
- Based within the laboratory you’ll gain technical, husbandry & welfare knowledge and skills required to run and manage in-vivo animal studies.
- Build knowledge of the range of animal models used within Pharma research.
- Learn how to use various state-of-the-art techniques and technology to use in studies and gain insight into a broad range of biology-based scientific disciplines critical to the drug discovery process.
- Supporting immunology and oncology projects that will eventually lead to the development of medicines for patients.
- Use of IT systems such as Excel and data capturing systems.
- Support and manage pre and post study paperwork.
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your laboratory skills in an R&D setting
- Working as part of a team of scientists
- Studying towards your Foundation (FdSc) degree in Applied Bioscience
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
If you are offered a role; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
If you successfully complete your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to work towards a full Bachelor’s degree (BSc)
- A competitive base salary of £17,000
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully-sponsored nationally recognised qualification
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
- Degree Apprenticeship / Sponsored Degree (Level 6/7)
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...