Data Science Degree Apprenticeship
On our 4-year programme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Level 6 Apprenticeship in Data Science.
If you are offered an apprenticeship, you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
What will you do?
Data science combines maths and statistics skills with programming skills - to analyse data with the aim of providing insights that inform business decisions and improvements.
Your duties might include:
- working across a variety of projects, analysing data and making suggestions that inform business decisions and improvements.
- developing a good understanding of data structures and database systems
- learning about and using a range of analytical tools
- collecting, cleansing, abstracting and aggregating data
- conducting a range of analytical studies on data
- creating visualisations of data using tools like PowerBI and Tableau
- working on machine learning projects and developing your technical skills
You’ll be excited by the thought of learning new skills and working collaboratively with colleagues from across the site. You’ll be excited to use your expertise in maths, your attention to detail and your analytical mind to help our patients and consumer do more, feel better and live longer!
- A fully-sponsored Data Science Degree
- A competitive annual salary of £17,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...