Laboratory Science (Chemistry) Apprenticeship
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
The 3-year apprenticeship is a blended approach of distance learning and block release with Kent University (please note: the provider may be subject to change).
You will be studying towards a Level 5 Apprenticeship in Chemical Science (Chemistry) After completing the level 5 you may be offered the opportunity to go on to study for a level 6 (degree level) apprenticeship.
If you are offered an apprenticeship; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
Your duties might include:
- Learning analytical methods and operating specialist laboratory equipment to test our pharmaceutical products and raw materials
- Learning about the process each drug or product follows through to full scale manufacturing.
- Carrying out data analysis, interpreting data and report writing
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your laboratory skills
- Studying towards your Level 5 apprenticeship in Chemical Science
- Working as part of a team of scientists
- Using your analytical skills and attention to detail to support our patients to do more, feel better, live longer.
If you successfully complete your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to work towards a level 6 (degree level) apprenticeship.
- A fully-sponsored Level 5 Apprenticeship in Chemical Science (Chemistry)
- A competitive annual salary of £17,000
- Private healthcare
- A range of benefits including share schemes and tax-free bikes
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...