Laboratory Science (Biology) Apprenticeship
With over 300 years of innovation, we’re a science-led global healthcare company that delivers billions of innovative products each year. Join us and help millions of people do more, feel better, live longer.
On our 3-year programme you’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from industry experts from day one combined with early responsibility to help you to develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a Foundation degree (FdSc) in Applied Bioscience through a blended approach of day study and block release.
Your duties might include:
- Operating specialist laboratory equipment to test our products and raw materials
- Learning about the process each drug or product follows through to full scale manufacturing.
- Microbiological & environmental sampling and testing
- Operating specialist equipment to develop new products
- Data analysis and interpretation
- Report writing
- Drug delivery
You’ll be excited by the thought of:
- Building your laboratory skills
- Working as part of a team of scientists
- Studying towards your Foundation degree
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
If you are offered a role; you will have a buddy or a mentor who will help you to prepare for joining GSK and will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship. Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us.
If you successfully complete your apprenticeship, you may have the opportunity to work towards a full Bachelor’s degree (BSc)
- A competitive base salary of £17,000
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend annual Apprentice development events)
- Access to employee health and well-being programmes
- A fully-sponsored nationally recognised qualification
GSK is a science-led global healthcare company with a special purpose: to help people do more, feel better, live longer. We have 3 global businesses that research, develop and manufacture innovative pharmaceutical medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for GSK
Latests jobs from GSK
Bradley & Peter
Artwork and Design Apprentices
What is it like to be a GSK apprentice? To be an artwork...