Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship - Trowbridge
- Keep the cleaning areas and all equipment and instruments clean, tidy and sterile as appropriate, according to the practice's Health & Safety and infection control procedures and manufacturer’s instructions
- Use all equipment and machinery in accordance with manufacture's recommendations and ensure that they are maintained regularly and in good working order
- Provide chair-side assistance, ensuring that the correct equipment is available.
- Always ensure the care and welfare of patients in a friendly, helpful and courteous manner
- Accurately complete patients’ records as directed
- Observe patient confidentiality at all times
- Handle all substances in accordance with Health and Safety policies
- Be familiar and comply with all Health and Safety rules and guidance PPE, COSHH, Mercury Handling, infection control, waste disposal, etc.
- Develop and file radiographs and change radiographic solutions as directed
- Complete laboratory request forms, keep records of work sent, received and fitted
- Ensure adequate stocks of materials and other items within the surgery
- Order/ask the practice manager/receptionist to order new supplies as required
- Ensure computer/written records are accurately maintained and securely stored
- Liaise with reception to ensure smooth patient communications and transfer of records
- Attend and participate in practice meetings
- Other duties as necessary for the efficient operation of the practice (perhaps including the duties and tasks of receptionist as required)
- Undergo training as it may be required to develop your skills and abilities
- Attend refresher and update training for medical emergencies and CPR
- Act in accordance with the practice rules and code of conduct
Training to be provided
All underpinning knowledge towards the Advanced Apprenticeship Level 3 and Functional Skills (where applicable), including the Diploma in Dental Nursing.
- Good communication skills
- Computer literate
- Good team player
- Applicants should have maths & English GCSE grade A-C/4-9 or Key Skills/Functional Skills Level 2. However, if applicants have attained qualifications of similar level we will review this on a case by case basis.
With experience you may be able to move into jobs like team manager, team leader or dental practice manager.
With further training you could become a dental therapist, helping a dentist carry out the more routine dentistry work. You could also become a dental hygienist, helping people to look after their teeth and gums.
You might decide to train as an orthodontic therapist helping dentists to improve the look and position of a patient's teeth.
Health Careers has information on careers in all areas of the dental team.
Things to consider
You will be required to be immunised against Hepatitis B and to pass a DBS check.
About Oasis Dental Care Ltd
Bupa Dental Care are a leading provider of NHS & Private dental care across the UK & Ireland, proudly caring for over 3 million patients in over 400 practices, providing everything from regular check-ups to specialist & cosmetic treatments.
We’re passionate about our people, which is why we re-invest our profits into bringing an outstanding and memorable dental care experience to our customers.
There has never been a better time to join us, as we work together to help people live longer, healthier, happier lives.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.