Trainee Accountant School Leaver (Company Secretarial)
Overview of the Service Line & Team
Our Accounting and Outsourcing team works to support our clients to better run their finance functions, understand their financial position and performance, and to ensure they are compliant with changing accounting and tax legislation. With the relentless pace of technology change you will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as process and digitalisation, business performance and financial reporting, while building enduring relationships that positions Mazars as a trusted adviser. Our successful team of more than 250 professionals is growing across all areas including cloud accounting, payroll, financial reporting and company secretarial.
The Company Secretarial team works to support our clients to provide quality company secretarial and governance services. We ensure that our clients are compliant with the Companies Act and provide support to clients of all sizes. You will need to be able to advise clients in areas such as company law, statutory compliance and share restructuring.
The role of a company secretary is to ensure accurate and timely statutory compliance and corporate governance for a range of UK and international clients. You will be the point of contact for your portfolio of clients, providing high quality advice and work with other teams to deliver an excellent client experience.
During your first two years you will:
- Learn how to use company secretarial software and systems in order to maintain the clients’ statutory registers electronically;
- Develop an understanding of company secretarial compliance to ensure client deadlines with Companies House are met and the statutory registers are kept up to date;
- Co-ordinate with other teams to ensure the client receives a coordinated service; and
- Learn basic company secretarial skills to undertake ad hoc tasks, such as appointing a director, changing the accounting year end; changing registered office.
During your third year you will:
- Manage your own client portfolio;
- Self-review your own-work, ensuring minimal review points are raised by managers;
- Have confident knowledge of the Companies Act which you apply to the company secretarial compliance service; and
- Learn more technical advisory work, such as capital reductions, share buy backs, share for share exchange.
In your final year you will be expected to be able to take responsibility for the junior members of your team. You will train them and review their work.
- Interpersonal skills; the ability to build client relationships with a foundation of trust and responsibility.
- Analytical skills; the ability to think critically, research and solve problems.
- Attention to detail and strong time-management skills.
- Commitment to self-development & learning.
- Affinity with our values; in particular, respect for individuals, diversity and integrity.
Strong academic performance is important, so we know that you’re ready to take your professional exams. However, we understand things don’t always go to plan – so if you don’t meet our minimum requirements, please let us know if you have any exceptional achievements or extenuating circumstances which affected your results. We also consider your achievements in the context of your socio-economic background, so encourage you to submit your contextual information.
- 112 UCAS points or above
- B in English Language & Maths
We will fund for you to study towards the ICSA qualification.
You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses. Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all of our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training.
You will be supported by a mentor and an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track.
Mazars is a positively different international and integrated professional services firm operating in 89 countries around the world; specialising in Audit, Tax, Consulting, Financial Planning, Accounting & Outsourcing and Advisory Services with entrepreneurship and a desire to create value at the heart of our DNA. We differentiate ourselves by the opportunities we offer our people, our approach to working with clients and our passion for responsible business.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
Awards for Mazars LLP
Latests jobs from Mazars LLP
- Mazars LLP
- Apprenticeship - Advanced Level (Level 3)
Corporate Tax Assistant
Name: Hannah Traynor Age: 18 What is your apprenticeship: Corporate Tax Assistant under the...