Business Management Level 4 Apprentice Trainee Programme - Living Space at Wates Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Wates Group
Business Management Level 4 Apprentice Trainee Programme - Living Space
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Living Space
Our Living Space business is one of the UK’s leading housing maintenance providers, delivering planned, responsive maintenance solutions across the UK for local authority and housing association partners. We understand that our work can make a significant and lasting impact in the communities we operate within. Our business supports the regeneration of communities and helps to improve living standards for tenants, breathing new life in to their properties and creating places that people are proud to call their home.
This role is based in multiple locations: London and Birmingham. Please select your desired location by following the applicable link.
As a Wates Living Space Business Management Trainee, you will be given the opportunity to gain an understanding and develop your knowledge of the core Living Space business. You will support key functions on a rotational basis to ensure you develop a full and rounded overview of the Living Space business and you will gain knowledge in:
- Work Winning – developing your understanding and skills in preparing tenders, engaging with potential clients and gaining an appreciation of our client needs
- Site Management – working with the project delivery team and gaining experience on our site, with residents and our customers
- Commercial – supporting commercial teams to ensure projects are commercially strong and ensuring accurate business reporting
- The programme also incorporates three other 2-month rotations in either Finance, IT, Bid or Customer Service.
- On completion of the programme, you will be able to develop your career in either Site Management or Commercial within Living Space and start to work towards Chartership with the relevant professional institute.
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
You will complete an HNC in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This is in addition to the structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training.
What we're looking for
- Genuine interest in our Living Space business
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Logical approach to problem solving
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2021, this will be a condition of offer
Higher Apprenticeship: 2 A-Levels or equivalent at minimum grades DD, and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
Degree Apprenticeship: 3 A-Levels or equivalent at grades BBB or above, and a minimum of 5 GCSE’s Grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
About Wates Group
Wates works on a variety of projects across the public and private sectors from building new homes and providing planned and responsive maintenance to housing associations and local authorities; through to office interiors; construction projects in the commercial, retail, heritage and education sectors; and partnering on joint-venture developments. Having been in business since 1897 we know what we are good at. Our clear strategy ensures we create a stable presence in a changing market. Our mission is to build a sustainable £2bn business across the construction, property services and property developments and investment sectors.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.