BIM Coordinator Level 3 Apprenticeship at Wilson Gray Consulting
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
BIM Coordinator Level 3 Apprenticeship
When at stage 5 of a project, we take ownership of a stage 4 model produced by the lead designer on the project. A stage 4 model essentially paints a picture of how the internals of a building will work, it is then down to us to verify the design and add the final coordination touches to the model to ensure a clash free environment, and a model complete with drawings that are buildable and maintainable. Following receipt of a stage 4 model, we begin the process of coordinating ductwork, pipework, containment (to carry cables) and light and power fittings.
Full training will be provided on the latest software used within the industry, namely Revit and Navisworks. As well as learning the software and correct procedures for coordination, there will be many opportunities for site visits. This will include regular travel to London to visit construction sites to aid in site design team meetings and walk arounds. Visually, this will allow you to see what you have produced in the working model physically installed on site
Your key tasks and responsibilities will be:
- Producing 3D Revit models and engineering drawings
- Federating 3D models and reporting on design clashes
- Assisting with BIM Management and Project Management activities
- Producing visualisations and animations
- Becoming a proactive team member engaging in business development
Training to be provided
- Level 3 Engineering Design and Draughtsperson Apprenticeship Service
- Good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Planning, organising and prioritising personal workload skills.
- An ability to interact well with other team members and able to act on own initiative
- A desire to learn and grow.
- Excellent timekeeping and attendnace
- Positive attitude
- To be suitable for this role, you will have a minimum of five A/9 to C/4 grade GCSE’s including Maths, English and preferably Design Technology/Science
- To successfully complete the apprenticeship
About Wilson Gray Consulting
Established in 2015 Wilson Gray Consulting is a mechanical and electrical building services practice offering a range of traditional design and low carbon technology solutions for new build developments and refurbishments on both private and public sector work, with specialisms in retail and Healthcare.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.