Leakage Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Barrow-in-Furness at United Utilities
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Leakage Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship - Barrow-in-Furness
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too. We're looking for the next generation of talent to join our exciting business.
A bit more about the role:
No two days are ever the same as a Network Leakage Technician Apprentice.
During your two year apprenticeship, you'll learn to ensure the timely and efficient repair and resolution of leakage issues as well as being accountable for proactive private leakage detection to resolution.
For the first year of your apprenticeship, you'll spend your time learning the ropes as a Network Leakage Technician apprentice. After this time, you'll be assigned to a specific Network Leakage Technician team, enabling you to become an expert in your field.
Successful apprentices will achieve a Water Process Technician Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships.
During your apprenticeship you'll learn:
- Appropriate leakage detection methods, depending on requirements of the task (correlating, sounding, step testing, data loggers)
- How to raise repairs through to the Network Maintenance Alliance (NMA) as well as supporting the NMA through the repair process to ensure that they are undertaken in a safe, customer focused, timely and cost effective manner
- To provide leakage assistance to Water Network Technicians for Third Party Damage on the Water Network
- To interpret and use flow and pressure data to agree areas of interest for further leakage detection activity
Training to be provided
Water Process Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard:
- During your two year apprenticeship, you'll learn to ensure the timely and efficient repair and resolution of leakage issues as well as being accountable for proactive private leakage detection to resolution
- For the first year of your apprenticeship, you'll spend your time learning the ropes as a Network Leakage Technician apprentice
- After this time, you'll be assigned to a specific Network Leakage Technician team, enabling you to become an expert in your field
- We're looking for someone who's keen to gain experience, develop practical skills and achieve the qualifications needed to really succeed in your role
- You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Good communicator
- You’ll also need to have 2 GCSEs or equivalent, grades A-C (8-4) which must include maths and English Language
- Upon completion of your apprenticeship and meeting the behaviours required, you will progress into a permanent post that matches with the role you have trained for
- Further prospects within the business depends on you, and your desire to succeed
- Annual appraisals are a key driver to spot talent, which enables development opportunities and career mapping
Things to consider
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
- Inspire the next generation – you'll have the opportunity to represent United Utilities at key events across the region to engage with young people to bring careers in the water industry to life
- During your first year, you'll spend one working week out of every month at our technical training centre in Bolton. If you're from outside of the area, accommodation will be provided for this period, excluding weekends
- Once you've completed your apprenticeship, you'll be asked to join part of a formal standby rota, which may require you to do some out of hours work. Don't worry, your training will prepare you for this but we do advise that you apply for a vacancy that's relatively easy for you to get to, as we would need you to travel to the site easily
- As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme
- The assessment centre will take place in October 2020. We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background
- If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service
About United Utilities
At United Utilities we’re proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too. United Utilities is a water and wastewater company, based in the North West of England. If you’ve ever made a brew or been to the loo, then we’ve probably played a part in that. We serve seven million customers across the North West, which means we cover a lot of ground. So, whether you love the great outdoors or the hustle and bustle of city life, you’re bound to find something that’s perfect for you. Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you’ll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family. Our apprentice schemes have won awards too, so you can be sure you’re starting off in the best hands for a great career. We have been named in the top 100 apprenticeship employers 2018 and scooped the Regional Macro employer of the year award at the National Apprenticeship Awards 2017. Join us and be part of the flow of life.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.