Customer Service - Billing Level 2 Apprenticeship at United Utilities
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Customer Service - Billing Level 2 Apprenticeship
Be part of the flow of life:
At United Utilities we're proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too.
Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you'll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family.
A bit more about the role:
The work you do is vital for our business. You'll be dealing with customers queries quickly, efficiently and through to resolution ensuring that they are completely satisfied with how we have dealt with their query. You'll also be involved in:
- Accurately recording and processing a variety of customer enquires
- Diagnosing customer issues and investigating and interpreting data held on a number of different systems
- Managing customer expectations as well as setting and agreeing timescales for actions to be performed
- Promoting United Utilities products and services
Successful apprentices will achieve a Customer Service Practitioner level 2 Standard which is endorsed by the Institute for apprenticeships. Completion of this apprenticeship will lead to eligibility to join the Institute of Customer Service as an Individual member at Professional level.
What we're looking for:
We're looking for someone who is customer focused, keen to gain hands on experience, develop practical skills and achieve the standards needed to really succeed in your role.
You'll have a dedicated mentor and manager who'll be on hand to support you every step of the way. All that we ask from you is that you're willing to learn, know how to work as part of a team and can manage your time and workload to get things done.
What makes us different?
- Secure your future – every apprentice is guaranteed a permanent position at the end of their scheme
- Recognised apprenticeship standard which is endorsed by the Institute for Apprenticeships
- It's a springboard to your career – we provide you with structured training, a dedicated mentor and quality placements to help you shape your career
* As long as you meet all necessary standards and behaviour criteria throughout the programme.
The assessment centre for this role will take place in October 2020.
We need fantastic people to enable us to deliver a great service to the public. We are committed to reaching and recruiting from every community and then supporting employees to achieve their full potential ensuring they feel valued and included, regardless of their gender, age, race, disability, sexual orientation or social background.
If you are offered a job with us, a number of pre-employment checks need to be carried out before your appointment can be confirmed. Any offer of employment with United Utilities will be subject to a satisfactory checking report from the Disclosure Scotland / the Disclosure and Barring Service.
Training to be provided
Level 2 Customer Service Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
During your apprenticeship you’ll learn how to:
- Provide excellent customer service to our customers
- Diagnose and resolve customer issues
- Deal with customer queries quickly and efficiently through to resolution
- Good communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Good organisational skills
- Customer focused
- Team player
- Good communicator
GCSEs at grades D/3 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English but will need to work towards a level 2.
Upon completion of your apprenticeship and meeting the behaviours required, you will progress into a permanent post that matches with the role you have trained for. Further prospects within the business depends on you, and your desire to succeed. Annual appraisals are a key driver to spot talent, which enables development opportunities and career mapping
About United Utilities
At United Utilities we’re proud to be essential every day, and our people are essential too. United Utilities is a water and wastewater company, based in the North West of England. If you’ve ever made a brew or been to the loo, then we’ve probably played a part in that. We serve seven million customers across the North West, which means we cover a lot of ground. So, whether you love the great outdoors or the hustle and bustle of city life, you’re bound to find something that’s perfect for you.
Come and join us on our apprenticeship scheme and you’ll be given the training and development to take that first step onto the career ladder, supported by the United Utilities family. Our apprentice schemes have won awards too, so you can be sure you’re starting off in the best hands for a great career. We were named in the top 100 apprenticeship employers 2018 and have previously scooped the Regional Macro employer of the year award at the National Apprenticeship Awards. Join us and be part of the flow of life.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.