Multi-disciplined Laboratory Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship at Kendal Nutricare Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Multi-disciplined Laboratory Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
Training to become responsible for:
- The analysis of Raw Materials / Packaging / Intermediates / Finished Goods
- Calibration of analytical Equipment
- Undertaking ad-hoc analysis as required
- Ordering & provision of consumables & chemicals
- Maintenance of data systems
- Own Health & Safety and those around them through Good Laboratory Practice
Training to be provided
The broad purpose of the occupation is working at the forefront of technology to carry out both routine and one-off laboratory testing (and manufacturing where relevant) and perform a variety of technical support functions across the organisation.
In their daily work, an employee in this occupation interacts with the laboratory manager and colleagues, internal departments such as manufacturing, procurement and quality, internal customers such as medical staff, teaching staff and students, external suppliers and customers such as service engineers, delivery drivers, regulatory bodies and inspection teams e.g. HSE.
- A good standard of education in a scientific subject
- Good communication and multi-tasking skills
- Critical and analytical thinking
Desirable but not essential:
- Experience in a food Laboratory in a relevant discipline e.g. Microbiology or Chemistry
Good computer literacy is essential
Ideally, 4 x GCSEs, including English, maths and a science – Grade C/4 (or equivalent) or above.
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
About Kendal Nutricare Ltd
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.