Secondary Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship at Kendal Nutricare Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Secondary Operations Level 2 Apprenticeship
Duties to include:
- Document the current state of work in progress, using batch documentation to pick and check required materials and, record quality checks and cleans in the plant logbook
- Complete all paperwork promptly and accurately
- Ensure that the correct cleaning, labelling and assembly of plant and equipment is carried out following SOP’s, hygiene standards and product security requirements
- Report faults and participate in the fault-finding process using established problem-solving techniques
- Adhere to workplace organisation regime, such as 5s
- Dispose of waste materials as required and following waste segregation regimes
- Comply with safety procedures
- Adopting safe working practices
- Wearing the required protective clothing
- Use of safety equipment appropriate to the role
- Maintain good standards of housekeeping
- Set-up, operate and run sophisticated computerised machines and ancillary equipment on automated lines
- Apply good manufacturing practice (GMP), demonstrating recognised methods, procedures and practices
Training to be provided
Engineering Operatives are predominantly involved in engineering operations which are key to the success of the Manufacturing and Engineering sector allowing employers to grow their business while developing a work force with the relevant skills and knowledge to enhance the sustain the sector.
The role covers a wide range of common and job specific skills sets that can be transferred across the manufacturing engineering industry sectors during the course of their careers. Dependent on the sector that they are employed in there may be subtle differences in terms of composition and application of the job role specific skills and knowledge they will require, however the core skills and knowledge will be the same regardless of the sector/area they work in.
- Flexible to the ever-changing business environment
- Focused and have good attention to detail (Food safety and quality checks are an essential part of the role)
- A team player with good communication skills (You will work within a small team)
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn
‘A’ Levels (or equivalent) and GCSE’s or equivalents (maths / English required) which should be of a good standard
Potential of full-time employment or progress to higher level apprenticeship.
About Kendal Nutricare Ltd
Kendal Nutricare, The Home of Family Nutrition, is located in Kendal, Cumbria, the Gateway to the English Lake District National Park. We specialise in the manufacture of world-class nutrition products from early life nutrition to adult and senior formulations. Our product range includes infant and toddler milk and infant cereals, adult meal replacements and speciality formulas such as anti-reflux, anti-colic, lactose-free and hypo-allergenic. Our team of microbiologists, laboratory technicians and quality assurance scientists ensure we embed high standards in every stage of production following the Codex Alimentarius, EFSA and CFDA guidelines. Our Kendamil infant formula is the only infant formula made in the United Kingdom. We are proud only to use traceable British milk certified by the Red Tractor Assurance Scheme.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.