Data Capture Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship at Warwick District Council
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Data Capture Administration Level 3 Apprenticeship
Neighbourhood Services has recently procured an up to date collection exercise which has digitised the data relating to its responsibility for the management of the Council’s parks and open spaces, trees, car parks etc. This has allowed an accurate understanding of the assets owned by the Council with the potential that this information can be made available to the public to facilitate self-service. To maintain the accuracy of this data information needs to be routinely added and removed and this work forms the basis of this role.
Specifically, this role is to support the Systems Development Officer in the delivery and maintenance of the Neighbourhood Services Open Space Survey Data.
- Validate the accuracy of the data supplied
- Enable the supplied data is kept up to date
- Check land ownership data.
- Edit, removal and adding of assets
Training to be provided
Advanced Business Administrator standard.
All training needed to complete the job role and the qualification.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing
- To contribute to team working
- Understanding of different types of Grounds Maintenance
- Ability to understand coding system to correctly identify and label individual types of maintenance
- At least 1 years’ experience of using a GIS mapping system
- Ability to add, delete and edit polygon and point data on a mapping system
- Ability to use GIS mapping system gazetteer and database search to identify and select correct geographical location
- Commitment to customer care
- Some previous experience of being part of a team, through sport, social activities or other interests
- Knowledge of Microsoft packages including Excel and Word
- Ability to work with people of all backgrounds
- Ability to learn and develop within the workplace
- Good knowledge of Warwick District Area
- Willingness to learn
- 3 ‘A’ Levels or further education equivalent
- University Degree
- A minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade C/4 and above, including maths and English, or equivalent qualifications or experience
Opportunity to apply for roles within the Council at the end of the apprenticeship.
The District Council have an excellent record of progression from apprenticeships to full time employment.
Things to consider
The successful candidate should be prepared to engage with the business activities at all levels and be proactive in keeping themselves busy using their own initiative.
An apprenticeship is a job with an attached qualification - not a college course with attached work experience! You’ll be expected to uphold the same standards of professionalism and behavior as all other members of staff.
About Warwick District Council
Based in Royal Leamington Spa, Warwickshire District Council employs more than 450 people in its head office located near to the river leam.
The District Council was created on 1st April 1974, by a merger of the former Leamington Spa and Warwick municipal Boroughs, the Kenilworth urban District and the Warwick rural District
Our small and dedicated teams focus on delivering good value services to the residents of Warwick District and these include: waste management, the collection of council tax, planning/building regulations, council housing and council house repairs.
The district council supports the district's rich cultural heritage. Its Art gallery and museum inside the Royal pump rooms is a cultural and tourist attraction. In addition the District Council operates the Royal Spa Centre and its packed programme of theatre, drama, comedy, film and community events.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.