Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship - Coljan at HIT Training LTD
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Hospitality Team Member Level 2 Apprenticeship - Coljan
This apprenticeship will involve 70% working within the kitchen area, preparing and making sweet treats for the customers such as celebration cakes, cookies and desserts, 30% of your time will be allocated to the Front of House. Days of work will be Tuesday - Saturday.
- Assist with preparing a variety of goods such as cakes, cookies etc. following traditional and modern recipes
- Decorating pastries using different icings, toppings etc. to ensure the presentation will be beautiful and exciting
- Monitor stocks for baking ingredients such as flour, sugar etc. and make appropriate orders within budget
- Familiarise yourself with the menu and as much information about the food and beverage offering available in order to answer any questions guests may have
- Assist in creating a warm and welcoming environment for our guests
- Ensure that all guests’ requests and queries are responded to promptly and effectively and an exceptional service is delivered to guests at all times
- Take food and beverage orders and ensure that orders are communicated accurately
- Ensure an efficient and safe delivery of all food and beverage orders
- Set up, clear and promptly service tables after use to ensure that guests can be seated in a timely manner
- Ensure the restaurant areas are clean and well presented at all times and assist with cleaning and housekeeping duties as required
- Deal with guest complaints in a friendly and efficient manner, ensuring guest satisfaction at all times and ensure that any guest complaints and comments are reported to management
- Ensure all cash, charge, float and till procedures are carried out in line with agreed procedures and training
- Prepare all back of house service points with regard to expected numbers for breakfast, lunch or dinner requirements as necessary
- Support the kitchen staff as and when required and in accordance with hygiene and safety regulations including washing up
- Any other duties as directed by the Restaurant, Bar Manager or other member of the management team
Training to be provided
Level 2 Hospitality Team Member apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Onsite training
The ideal candidate would have some experience in customer service, be good with people of all ages or have working experience even if only Saturday or part time in a similar environment.
- Willingness to work as part of a team
- Ability to work on own initiate
- Flexibility and commitment
- Desire to provide a great service and experience
GCSEs at grades C/4 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English is an advantage but not essential. This will be assessed at the start of the qualification.
Continuation of employment.
COLJAN’s uniqueness is really the family and extended team; naturally energetic; all passionate about the food and service we deliver to every customer and respectful of every competing organisation. We will try our hardest to be the defining reason for the local community and travellers,
to be the destination location as the best place to eat, tarry awhile and move on greatly refreshed with their next visit planned in our calendars. We aim to celebrate their return visits with them over and over again each time with the very best in service.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.