Nursery Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship - N16 Tots at Care First Training Limited
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Nursery Assistant Level 2 Apprenticeship - N16 Tots
- Ensuring confidentiality is maintained in the nursery
- Adhering to policies and procedures of Childcare Providers and compliance with the children's act, health and safety legislation and within the guidelines of Ofsted and the national standards
- Working as part of a team
- To have sound knowledge of the Early Years Foundation Stage and to work within this framework
- To implement the daily routine
- The care and supervision of the children regarding their physical, emotional and intellectual needs
- The planning and preparation of activities, to meet the children's individual needs, liaising with parents ensuring effective communication within the nursery
- Offering all children equal opportunities regarding their religious persuasions, racial origins, gender, disabilities, cultural background and challenging situations where racism or discrimination is displayed
- Keeping development records and observations
- Positive management of children's behaviour
- Preparation, care, cleanliness and maintenance of the playrooms and equipment.
- Providing a good role model for students and to help new staff fit in
- Keeping and monitoring accident, incident and risk assessment records
- Supervision of mealtimes, and where appropriate, preparation of babies’ bottles, meal and snack times
- Laundry duties
- Attendance of staff meetings
- Participating in regular parent’s evenings, publicity, open weekends and children's outings
- Any other duties appropriate to the post as directed by the nursery manager, operations manager and area manager
- Practical understanding of safeguarding duties, role of safeguarding officer and current safeguarding legislations
Training to be provided
- Children and Young Peoples Workforce Level 2/3
- Functional Skills Level 1/2 in English, maths (if required)
- Attention to detail
- Good IT Skills
- Good communication skills
- Team Player
GCSE C/4 or above in maths and English preferable (or equivalent).
Further training, progression within the company, potential full-time employment and wage increase based on performance.
About N16 Tots
N16 Tots Nursery is a small family run nursery that opened in April 2013. It is a privately-run provision. The nursery operates from a refurbished building, which has been renovated to meet the needs of the children attending. It is situated conveniently just off Stoke Newington Church Street in the London Borough of Hackney.
The nursery serves the local and wider community and is open 48 weeks of the year, closing for two weeks over the Christmas period and two weeks during the Easter holidays. It is open Monday to Friday from 8am until 6pm. Children may attend on a part-time or full-time basis.
The nursery operates over two sites. The baby room which caters for children 6months-2 years is based at 4 Defoe Road. The Pre-school room which caters for children 2-5 years is based in the mezzanine at Abney Hall on Stoke Newington Church Street. The bright and airy rooms are well equipped and provide a safe, stimulating environment where your child can enjoy growing into a confident, independent and sociable young person.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.