Driving Level 2 Apprenticeship - Flixborough at Dunster House Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Driving Level 2 Apprenticeship - Flixborough
We are currently offering a number of opportunities at 5 of our branches; Warminster, Bedford, Faversham, Basingstoke and Flixborough to candidates looking for an Apprenticeship role. During the Apprenticeship you will be employed as a drivers mate working alongside delivery drivers.
The duties include:
- Assisting with deliveries to customer’s homes along with a delivery partner
- Displaying high standards of customer service
- As part of a 2 person delivery crew, who are responsible for mapping the appropriate routes for the daily journey and assisting the driver in making the customer delivery, whilst this will be the job on a day to day basis, there is also a lot of opportunity to discover different roles within Dunster House so that you can see how all the different processes work from an initial phone call to when you deliver to the customers home giving you a better understanding of the process for the customer
To qualify for the Driving Apprenticeship, the applicant Driver must be 17 years or older and have a full driving licence. Of course you’ll also need to display a genuine willingness to learn and a serious commitment to building your career.
This Apprenticeship is your opportunity to learn a skilled trade that will set you up for a great future. The Apprenticeship takes approximately a year to complete. We will give you all the support you need to succeed, as well as a good wage and benefits. If you’re enthusiastic and keen to learn, take this opportunity by applying now.
Training to be provided
- Large Goods Vehicle Driver level 2 apprenticeship standard
- On the job training on various job roles.
Off job training to include:
- Stage 1 Completion of Numeracy and Literacy Functional Skills Level 1
- Stage 2 Technical training
- Stage 3 Theoretical testing
- Stage 4 practical training
- Stage 5 practical testing
- Stage 6 Driving goods vehicle workplace assessments
- Good Customer Service
- Communication Skills
- Applicants will need to work on their own initiative and have a reliable and flexible approach to work
- Car driving licence due to the nature of the role
- Successful completion of the Apprenticeship may lead to the offer of a permanent position with Dunster House Ltd
About Dunster House Ltd
Established in 1994, Dunster House is a family run business and we pride ourselves on running a fantastic and successful company. All products are made by us, not bought in from another company, to ensure the customer gets the highest quality of products. We deliver our products ourselves, thus saving time and money for the customer. We now employ over 350 full time staff at our 6 branches in the UK.
We will not be beaten on price or value for money and quality for your money. These factors are as important to us as they are to our customers. Our reliable service, including delivery, is something we continue to uphold every day.
As well as log cabins and climbing frames we stock windows and doors, garages, car ports, saunas and gazebos to name but a few, all of which will make a superb luxurious addition to your home. At Dunster House, we stock all you could need for your outdoor living.
We’re a thoroughly nice family business established back in 1994 by Mr and Mrs Chris Murphy and now assisted in the management of the company by their two sons. Dunster House Ltd can boast some very attractive assets that keep our prices low and our customers coming back for more. With our own work force, vehicles and factories our company is never reliant on outside agents to uphold the standards we've set. With no middle man to exaggerate prices our name is synonymous with simply unbeatable value for money.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.