Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship at Ferndown Commercial Ltd
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Heavy Goods Vehicle Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship
While working for Ferndown Commercials, you will be working as a Level 3 Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Technician and undertake your apprenticeship training with Paragon Skills. You will be continuously developing your knowledge and skills while learning all aspects of vehicle maintenance and repair.
Your apprenticeship training will be split between a combination of workplace and academy learning on day release. Once a week, you will attend Paragon Skills Automotive Academy where you will work towards completing your apprenticeship modules and demonstrate your practical abilities and competencies in our multi-functioning workshops.
As a Heavy Vehicle Apprentice, your day to day duties will include, but are not limited to;
- Assisting senior technicians with vehicle maintenance, repairs and servicing
- Assisting with keeping the workshop clean and tidy
- Shadowing workplace mentor for a variety of tasks
- Develop and build hand skills
- Learning to maintain and repair customers vehicles
- Speaking with customers to ensure they are aware of work being carried out on their vehicle
- Take bookings, payments and other basic office administration, as required
- Develop technical knowledge of wide range of vehicles and high level of attention to detail
- Assist at breakdowns as required once experienced enough to do so
Training to be provided
Paragon Skills have a well-developed automotive academy in both light vehicle and heavy vehicle with a multi-functioning workshop to undertake servicing, repairs and diagnostics. We deliver high quality training programmes to learners across the South Coast by our experienced industry lead personal tutors. Your training will be a split combination between classroom and work-based learning with your employer.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider supporting over 4,000 learners through their training, and 1,500 organisations to consistently deliver high quality Apprenticeships across their businesses. Paragon Skills achieves some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. Its extensive experience across multiple specialisms has contributed to an overall achievement rate of 71.4% (2018/19) exceeding the national average of 65.6%, and holds an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating.
- Good communication skills
- Good English skills, both written and verbal
- Basic knowledge/ experience with vehicles is preferred, but not essential. Some experience and a keen interest in the industry is desirable.
- Dedicated and committed to own learning and development
- A driving license is preferred but not essential
- Passion for the auto sector
The successful candidate will ideally have 4 level 5's (C+) at GCSE or equivalent.
Subject to successful completion of the apprenticeship programme there could be the possibility for full time employment with the company. You may also have the opportunity to further enhance your industry knowledge and skills by undertaking other courses and training. Ferndown Commercials also offer a Fast Track to Management Program for those who show advanced ability and a flair for people management.
About Ferndown Commercial Ltd
We offer Heavy goods vehicle servicing and maintenance, with the option of a fleet management package tailored to your company’s operator’s licence requirements. Our technicians are multi franchise trained, giving us the opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles and franchises.
We provide an outstanding customer service which has been shown by winning the Isuzu Customer Care UK award for 15 times in a row. Our objective is to ensure all of our customers are kept on the road with little disruption to them.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.