Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship at Lympstone Manor LTD
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
You will need to be motivated, punctual and organised, with good communication skills and a clear understanding of what your position requires. You will need to be focused and have the ability to work as part of a team. You will be expected to be well presented at all times, with the correct protective clothing/chef’s uniform.
Your main duties will include:
- Efficient preparation of food to a high standard
- Cook dishes, accurately following instructions
- Development of knife skills in order to correctly prepare a variety of ingredients
- Develop a knowledge of ingredients and how to cook and prepare them
- Follow instructions with regard to correct working practices for each task carried out, to ensure risks to you and others are minimised
- Carry out tasks as directed by Senior Chefs
- To follow Lympstone Manor Standards at all times
- The job may also include other reasonable duties that may be required from time to time
Training to be provided
Apprentices will be working towards achievement of the following: Certification of Commis Chef Apprenticeship standard level 2Level 1 Functional Skills in English and maths (where applicable)
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Attention to detail
- Ability to follow instructions
- Knife skills
- Passionate about food
- Good communication
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude
Learners ideally need to have maths and English GCSE at grade C/4 or equivalent.
After the successful completion of the Intermediate Apprenticeship you may consider progressing onto the Advanced Apprenticeship. There may also be an opportunity to become a permanent member of staff on completion of the Apprenticeship.
About Lympstone Manor LTD
Lympstone Manor above all is the vision of Michael Caines MBE. Through his inspiration and drive, the transformation of the Grade II listed Georgian manor house into Lympstone Manor has been complete, allowing it to represent the fullest expression of country house hospitality for the 21st century.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.