Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship at Poynton House Dental Surgery
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Dental Nurse Level 3 Apprenticeship
The role includes:
- Adhere strictly to health and safety and infection control procedures within the practice
- Assist in administration tasks and ensure records are kept up to date and confidential
- Being in close contact with the patients is a daily requirement for a dental nurse, therefore you must be able to make patients feel welcome and offer reassurance to anxious patients endeavouring to make their experience as comfortable as possible
- Ensure the correct dental instruments are to hand, ready to be passed to the dentist when needed and materials have been mixed correctly if required
- Ensure the dentist’s comments regarding the condition of the patient’s mouth throughout the check-up are recorded correctly
- General housekeeping duties as and when required
- Good communication skills and customer service awareness is needed to maintain a high level of service within the dental practice
- Patient confidentiality must be maintained at all times in line with the GDPR
- Preparing the surgery and any relevant instruments, equipment and materials in advance of treatments, taking care to sterilise all instruments and decontaminate all working areas
- Taking instructions from the dentist in surgery and responding efficiently and accurately
- Welcome patients to the practice, book appointments, take payments and answer telephone calls when working on reception
- Working sometimes under pressure, dental nurses must remain professional and work quickly and efficiently
Training to be provided
- Work based training and support towards achieving an Advanced Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing consisting of a Level 3 Diploma in Dental Nursing
- Support and guidance towards completing an End Point Assessment
- Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council
- You will also complete the L3 Emergency First Aid Qualification
- Able to work to a high level of accuracy and show attention to detail
- Good communication skills
- Organised, must demonstrate good timekeeping and attendance
- Able to manage the pressure of both college and practice workload
- Be trustworthy and honest
- Friendly and pleasant manner
- Maintain a professional manner at all times whilst working efficiently
- Must have a keen interest in Dental Nursing
- Prepared to undertake all tasks in the practice such as manning the reception area
- Stay calm under pressure
- Well-presented appearance (No False Nails/Eyelashes)
- Work as part of a team
Must have GCSEs at grade C (4) or above in both Maths and English or an equivalent.
Successful completion will allow the candidate to register with the General Dental Council and complete Post-Registration Qualifications at Level 4.
Things to consider
Ideally will live locally due to travel arrangements and flexible in working hours.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week), For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About Poynton House Dental Surgery
Poynton House Dental Surgery is a small friendly practice offering all types of dental treatment for both NHS and Private patients. With an on-site carpark and disability friendly access.
In September 2019 the practice was inspected by the Care Quality Commission and received a good report across all five aspects of the inspection.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.