Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship at Waterside
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Commis Chef Level 2 Apprenticeship
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an apprentice to join the team at the popular - The Waterside Restaurant and Bar in Littleborough. You will learn the trade alongside working to gain a Level 2 Commis Chef Qualification.
The successful candidate would be involved in:
- Food preparation and service
- Assist in ensuring high standards of hygiene and cleanliness are maintained
- High personal standards of cleanliness and hygiene
- Cooking and plating menu items
- Ability to follow clear instructions
- Ability to work well within a team
- Put away orders and adhere to correct stock rotation methods
- Assist in the daily and weekly cleaning duties as required
Training to be provided
- Apprenticeship Standard - Level 2 Commis Chef
- English Level 2 (if needed)
- Maths Level 2 (if needed)
- Work based learning
- Day release to college
- Team player
- Some experience an advantage but not essential
- Work well under pressure
- Have good verbal communication and customer service skills
- A passion for cooking
- Good timekeeping
- Responsible and honest
- English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grade C/4 or above desirable
- English and Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grade D/3 or above essential
A permanent position for the right candidate.
Things to consider
Due to the ongoing uncertainty around Covid-19 the dates for any interviews/start dates are yet to be confirmed.
This role will involve you working shifts on a rota to include evenings and weekends.
Hopwood Hall will contact you via phone for a brief information, advice and guidance discussion, before passing your application to the company. Please ensure that you have an up-to-date phone number on the system so we can contact you.
The key dates are to be used as a guide only. Should the right candidate be found, this vacancy may close early.
In October 2002 the waterside went under refurbishment with the husband and wife team Lisa and Kristan setting our vision into action.
For a whole year the Waterside took shape from a traditionally ran popular pub "the railway" into a relaxed lounge style restaurant, offering a unique ambience and venue.
Through our love of travelling we have been inspired by various styles of cuisine, which we have adapted to suit our menus.
Year by year we have grown in vision and made progressive changes in order to offer the complete Waterside experience.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.