Assistant Dog Groomer Level 2 Apprenticeship at Freshpaws
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Assistant Dog Groomer Level 2 Apprenticeship
Main duties include:
- Prepping dogs ready for styling
- Correct bathing, brushing, de-matting, drying, nail and ear care
- Exceptional Housekeeping duties as our salon needs to be kept immaculate so cleaning duties are involved
- Restrain dogs appropriately
- Handle dogs in the correct manner
- Uphold high standards of animal care and welfare
Training to be provided
Level 2 Diploma in Work-Based Animal Care.
You will also spend some time working on the Animal Care Unit (College Campus) as the qualification requires you to obtain evidence of working with more than one species of animal.
Functional Skills in English and maths as required.
- Able to work under pressure and to a timely manner
- Must be able to work hard and be willing to learn
- Be Enthusiastic and have a positive, can-do attitude
- Grade A*-C (9-4) GCSE or equivalent in English and Maths
A permanent position maybe offered upon successful completion of this apprenticeship.
Things to consider
- Will need to handle dogs with confidence (some of which will be challenging)
- Must be able to lift heavy dogs
- Be willing to stand for long periods of time
- Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week),
Freshpaws Professional Dog Grooming Services has been established since 2006 and are based on the Aldridge Road, Streetly, Sutton Coldfield and Chester Road North, New Oscott, Sutton Coldfield.
We have fully-qualified professional dog groomers who have many years of experience, which enables us to groom dogs to a high standard, ensuring that all of them are treated humanely and with care whether you have a puppy or elderly dog.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.