Automation Engineering Degree Apprenticeship at Amazon
Automation Engineering Degree Apprenticeship
A qualification and a career at the same time? That’s a bit like having your cake and eating it, right? But it really doesn’t have to be one or the other. Learning and earning within an apprenticeship means you get both – a qualification and a career.
Amazon offers a range of opportunities to suit candidates with different backgrounds, qualifications and career aspirations. That is why we believe it is the perfect place to learn new skills.
Our European Operations Teams are crucial in ensuring that we continue to deliver and innovate for customers. We have big plans and want to continue to develop and retain the best talent.
Amazon apprenticeship schemes are aimed at people who have a passion for learning and want to start a career now – or possibly retrain in a new direction.
To be successful you will need to be committed to your own development and be prepared to make the most of the opportunities, hands on experience and qualifications given to you.
After graduating with us, you’ll be qualified to apply for a permanent role within our team. Roles are available throughout the UK, across our operations and corporate offices.
Automation engineering apprenticeship
Amazon is the perfect place to start your career in automation engineering maintenance. As one of the world’s largest retail companies, we have an unrivalled range of equipment, technologies and facilities, so there are a huge variety of projects you can work on during the program.
You will build your skills over a 48 month period - starting in September - that will include:
- Classroom based training hosted offsite,
- Amazon’s on-the-job training program, delivered by our specialist teams,
- Mentoring from our automation engineers.
Alongside extensive development of your technical skills, you will also grow your abilities in crucial complementary areas like organization, prioritization, data analysis and problem solving techniques, teamwork, communication, and presentation skills.
Please note that if you have obtained qualifications from outside of the UK you will be asked to have those qualifications checked for equivalence with those UK qualifications listed below before attending an assessment centre for this role. Please check the Naric website to obtain a Statement of Comparability of your qualifications.
For the apprenticeship program we prioritize applicants eligible to government funding for their apprenticeship and for this you need to:
- Have you lived in the UK or in the European Economic Area (EEA) for the last 3 years
- Be a resident of the UK for the entire duration of the program (48 months)
- Not be registered to study on a UK government funded course ending August 2020 or later
- You will be 18 years old or older before the contract’s start date,
- You have a deep interest in automation engineering and strong willingness to learn,
- You have a desire to learn practical workshop / tool usage skills,
- 2 A levels (or equivalent) at C/4 or above in either Mathematics, IT, Physics or an Engineering related subject,
- have completed a BTEC level 3 engineering qualification of 180 credits which must include further mathematics,
- have a maintenance or Engineering HNC/D qualification - preferably with a PLC, automation, electronics or electrical bias,
- You are able to read, understand and communicate in English, interact and engage comfortably with people at all levels of the business,
- You can follow a list of guidelines and instructions (verbal or written) to deliver results and meet deadlines,
- You have a hands-on attitude, flexible, adaptable and proactive,
- You aim to attain impeccable customer service, excellent customer facing skills,
- You seek and respond well to feedback,
- Experience (or a willingness to learn and practice) working to appropriate health & safety standards and regulations.
Finally, you must have flexibility in working hours and shift patterns to provide cover for operational requirements.
These will be a plus for your career at Amazon but are not necessary to enter the program.
- You are able to operate in a challenging and fast paced environment,
- You are able to demonstrate drive and passion.
Your recruitment process will start with your online application (providing your CV as well as answering questions about the above basic qualifications) and will then take you onto online testing through one of our external training providers.
As a last step, we will invite successful candidates to an on-site assessment center where they will visit the fulfillment center, participate in a group exercise, execute a practical exercise and get a chance to present their profile, motivation and skills 1-on-1 during interviews.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
When Amazon.com launched in 1995, it was with the mission “to be Earth’s most customer-centric company, where customers can find and discover anything they might want to buy online, and endeavors to offer its customers the lowest possible prices.” This goal continues today, but Amazon’s customers are worldwide now, and have grown to include millions of Consumers, Sellers, Content Creators, and Developers & Enterprises. Each of these groups has different needs, and we always work to meet those needs, innovating new solutions to make things easier, faster, better, and more cost-effective.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!