Pension Administrator Advanced Apprentice - Bristol at Barnett Waddingham
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Barnett Waddingham
Pension Administrator Advanced Apprentice
An exciting opportunity in financial services to join (one of) the UKs leading Pension Administration firms as an apprentice Pension Administrator providing services to trustees and members of UK occupational pension schemes.
Barnett Waddingham is a partner led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice in a supportive and friendly environment. Our growth has been significant since 1989 and we aim to continue this by recruiting employees who will share in Barnett Waddingham’s enthusiasm and innovation.
Are you hungry to develop new skills and enjoy a challenge?
Does the opportunity to work towards professional qualifications excite you?
If the answer is yes, we would love to hear from you!
Responsibilities and Duties Included:
- Prepare computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain the member database
- Communicate with clients, their members and advisers
- Liaising with banks and investment managers as appropriate
- Process client pensioner payrolls, including calculations of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns.
- Prepare manual calculations to develop an understanding of pensions
- Assist with project based work for business wide initiatives
- Manage and prioritise your own work to ensure service levels are achieved
What you’ll gain
We are looking to offer long-term career opportunities to candidates on satisfactory completion of the apprenticeship programme. Full support will be given to the candidates in taking other professional exams. Further career opportunities are available throughout the firm with many employees progressing to Client Account Managers and line management roles.
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
You will study for professional qualifications through the Pensions Management institute. The qualifications to be studied for are the Workplace Pensions Administrator/Consultant Level 3.
How we will support you
Full training and support will be provided by our experienced team and dedicated training and learning and development team. Our mentor scheme will provide day-to-day support and advice to guide you through every aspect of the role.
- Customer focused
- Keen to develop new skills and enjoy a challenge
- Build strong and effective client and team working relationships
- Strong work ethic
- Positive attitude, pro-active and organised approach
- Attention to detail
You will need at least five GCSE’s Grade A* - C or Grade 4 and above including in Maths and English
Due to the current situation with Covid 19, BW’s recruitment process has slowed down. We are keen to continue to receive applications for active vacancies which will be reviewed as normal and where possible we will conduct video interviews for some vacancies but cannot offer this for all roles. We will however try to manage candidate expectations going forwards and will resume our normal application process as soon as we are able.
About Barnett Waddingham
Founded in 1989, Barnett Waddingham has grown to become the UK’s largest independent professional services consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. From small beginnings, our total headcount is now over 1,200 (including 73 partners and 146 principals or associates) – with offices in eight locations around the UK. We act for a wide range of clients, large and small, in both the private and public sectors including 15% of FTSE 350 firms with a DB scheme and close to 20% of FTSE 100 firms.
At Barnett Waddingham, we’re all about 'doing the right thing' and we treat each other fairly, with honesty, empathy and respect at all times. The future success of Barnett Waddingham depends upon our people. We encourage individuals to work collaboratively, share ideas and learn from each other – working together to achieve our common goals.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
We recommend you to apply as soon as possible to avoid disappoint as we may close applications earlier if we have sufficient candidates.