Highways Maintenance Level 2 Apprenticeship
Our apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college qualification while earning and putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
We currently have multiple Highways Maintenance Apprenticeships available within our Hampshire based team, where you will become a key part of the efforts to keep Hampshire moving.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Carry out maintenance and repairs on the highways to keep roads safe and traffic flowing
- Locate underground services, for example gas and power cables, and work safely around them
- Install, maintain and work within temporary traffic management using traffic lights, stop and go signs, cones and barriers
- Carry out repairs on all road types, laying new or replacement surfaces to specification
- Work with a wide range of hand and power tools and plant to repair potholes, cut, replace and reinstate pavements and lay new surfaces using a variety of products, ensuring roads and pathways are suitable for vehicles and pedestrians
- Work towards a Level 2 qualification in Highways Maintenance through our training academy
Who you are:
- School or college leaver, someone outside of work or looking for a career change
- Willing to apply yourself to the role, regardless of academic capability
- Happy to work outdoors and in all weathers
- A good team player and able to take instructions
- A degree of work-readiness, including punctuality, an understanding of safety in the workplace and willingness to adhere to rules and regulations
- It would be advantageous if you have a driver’s licence but if not, it is essential that you are able to obtain this in your first 12 months with us – some sites are remote and driving will be an important part of the job
What we offer:
- Support to achieve a Level 2 qualification in Highways Maintenance
- Guidance and support from your line manager, mentor and buddy
- A competitive salary
Skanska is one the UK’s top construction and development companies. We are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations. Drawing on our Scandinavian heritage, we are green, innovative and progressive. We bring together people and technology, as part of our objective to make construction a safer and more collaborative industry.
We believe in our Purpose, we build for a better society. Through our Values of care for life, commit to customers, be better – together and act ethically and transparently you will enable us to deliver our purpose.
At Skanska, we thrive through embracing differences, whether they be social backgrounds, ethnicity, disability, gender, age, religion, sexuality and any other protected characteristic – we know that diversity opens a rich potential for new ways of thinking, helping us to build successful and winning teams. We call it Naturally Skanska.
We would like you to perform at your best at every stage of our recruitment process. Please contact us if you require any adjustments that would support you throughout your application.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!