Digital Technology Solutions (Data Analyst) Degree Apprenticeship at Skanska
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Skanska
Digital Technology Solutions (Data Analyst) Degree Apprenticeship
Our Degree apprenticeship programme is a great opportunity to study towards a college or university qualification while putting everything you have learnt into action through on-the-job training.
Joining Skanska as a Digital Technology Solutions Trainee with focus on Data Analytics, you will study towards a Digital Technology Solutions degree while gaining practical experience within our Building team, where we deliver buildings that improve communities and enhance lives across the UK. The Building team’s award-winning public-sector projects include Bath Spa University, the Royal London Hospital and Bristol schools. In the private sector, our focus is on commercial and mixed-use buildings. Our expertise in London has created a portfolio that includes some of the capital’s iconic buildings, such as The Gherkin and Heron Tower.
Our aim is to improve the way we collect, manage and use data to inform everything we do. You will help us become more operationally efficient by providing data analysis solutions to expand our expertise in the use of automation, machine learning and artificial intelligence.
What you’ll learn to do:
- Develop data analysis expertise to impact the following areas: improved productivity, reducing defective work, eliminating accidents, visual reporting, capitalising on insights through Internet of Things, improved resource, cost and project management
- Import, cleanse, transform, and validate data with the purpose of understanding or making conclusions from the data for business decision making purposes
- Present data visualisation using charts, graphs, tables, and more sophisticated visualisation tools
- Perform routine statistical analysis and respond to ad-hoc queries
- Use a range of analytical techniques such as data mining, time series forecasting and modelling techniques to identify and predict trends and patterns in data
- Report on conclusions gained from analysing data using a range of statistical software tools
- Summarise and present results to a range of stakeholders making recommendations
What we offer:
- Through day or block release, Skanska will provide support and funding to achieve a Level 6-degree qualification in Digital Technology Solutions. As part of your studies, you will learn skills in a range of areas including software, business and systems analysis, cyber security, data analysis and network infrastructure. You will learn to implement technology solutions that enable businesses to develop new products and services and to increase an organisation's productivity using digital technologies.
- Support and direction in your development
- A competitive salary and benefits
Who you are:
- Studying to achieve or having achieved 112 UCAS points (under the new tariff) plus Maths and English at GCSE (grade C/level 4 or above). One of your A level (or equivalent) subjects will ideally be Maths. Vocational qualifications related to technology or data analysis will also be considered
- Analytically minded
- Interested in emerging technologies supporting data management
Skanska, established in 1887, is one of the world’s leading project development and construction groups. Operating around the world in selected markets in Europe and the US, Skanska is listed on the Stockholm stock exchange and headquartered in Sweden’s capital city.
Our UK operation is one of the UK’s top construction and development companies. It is an inclusive and responsible business that is helping to build for a better society. Known for working on major projects, such as the Gherkin, HS2, the M25 and Crossrail, we are building, upgrading and maintaining the country’s infrastructure for future generations.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button