Financial Services Apprentice
Financial Services Apprenticeship
Every day is an exciting new challenge in a Client Support role, whether you are on the phone dealing with enquiries, checking insurers’ accounts, sending invoices or drafting a report. You will work in a fun but professional team with a fantastic ethos, who are always willing to help each other out.
We’re looking for talented and committed individuals. You will be learning on the job and developing your business and consultancy skills through real client work in our Workplace Health and Wealth (WHW) business area working with over 200 clients.
You will be in the Client Support functions within WHW. You may work on requests relating to defined contribution pension arrangements, health and protection policies and flexible benefit platforms – broadly all issues relating to workplace benefits.
Responsibilities and Duties Included:
- Contacting clients and providers by telephone, email and letter
- Collating information from providers and clients for reports
- Checking insurer’s accounts and issuing annual financial statements to clients
- Administration relating to a wide and varying range of health and protection policies
- Handling the administration and data which sits behind our client’s flexible benefits (via our Me2 Wealth and Choices platform)
- Drafting service schedules, deadlines and remuneration with clients
- Delivering agreed services in accordance with agreed time schedules and budget with each allocated client
- Preparing invoices for issuing to clients
- Maintaining records in accordance with internal guidelines and procedures;
- Keeping client files compliant
- Answering relevant calls that come in from various WHW helplines
- Keeping all WHW databases up to date
- Support, implement and maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance with Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy
The above is intended to describe the general nature and responsibilities of the role and is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties or responsibilities of employees in this role.
What you’ll gain
You will study for professional qualifications through the Chartered Institute of Insurance. The qualifications to be studied for are the Financial Services Administrator Level 3 and the duration is 18 months.
As part of your apprenticeship you are required to attend and undertake training both internally at Barnett Waddingham and run by our appointed Training Provider. We will release you from your duties to attend such training as is reasonably required to support you to complete your apprenticeship.
Training and study time will at least make up the required off the job learning which makes up 20% of an apprentice’s employed time.
By the end of your apprenticeship, you’ll secure a permanent role within WHW and have the opportunities to specialise in consultancy or client management.
- Flexible annual leave scheme, a generous pension scheme and a competitive (discretionary) annual bonus
- Scope for career progression – we will encourage and support your personal and professional development if that is what you want. This doesn’t necessarily mean climbing the career scale or pursuing a professional qualification but making sure you feel a sense of achievement and progression
- The opportunity to work in a multi-award winning pensions consultancy
- Fresh fruit available to all staff free of charge along with free squash, teas, coffees and hot chocolate – something for everybody!
- Opportunities to socialise or participate in sport, social or cultural activities
- 1 paid volunteering day per year
- Dress-down Fridays
- Modern and comfortable offices where adjustments can be made in order for you carry-out your role in a safe and effective way
- Delivering Results and Continuous Improvement
- Working with Clients
- Team Work & Leadership
Five GCSE’s or equivalent at level C/4 or above, including Mathematics and English.
Values at Barnett Waddingham
Our values are important to us and we want them to be important to you too: Principled, Quality, Partnership and Respect.
About Barnett Waddingham
Founded in 1989, Barnett Waddingham has grown to become the UK’s largest independent professional services consultancy at the forefront of risk, pensions, investment and insurance. From small beginnings, our total headcount is now over 1,200 (including 73 partners and 146 principals or associates) – with offices in eight locations around the UK. We act for a wide range of clients, large and small, in both the private and public sectors including 15% of FTSE 350 firms with a DB scheme and close to 20% of FTSE 100 firms.
At Barnett Waddingham, we’re all about 'doing the right thing' and we treat each other fairly, with honesty, empathy and respect at all times. The future success of Barnett Waddingham depends upon our people. We encourage individuals to work collaboratively, share ideas and learn from each other – working together to achieve our common goals.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.Apply for this role
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!