Bid Management Higher (Level 4) Apprenticeship at Wates Group
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Wates Group
Bid Management Higher (Level 4) Apprenticeship
At Wates we are proud to be a family-owned business, small enough to recognise and support great talent, yet big enough to challenge and inspire our people through amazing multi-million-pound projects. To us our industry is more than just building, it’s also a chance for us to positively impact the communities where we work and thrive.
Wates Construction specialises in maximising value by finding the most intelligent and creative ways to deliver outstanding buildings. We deliver projects in a range of sectors including, government, commercial, industrial and historical restoration. The award of Construction News’ Contractor of the Year in 2017 is a testament to the quality of our projects, our client satisfaction and our approach to the communities in which we work.
As a member of the Bid Management team your overall responsibilities will include:
- Involvement in the bidding process; including capture requirements, client engagement, negotiation, presentation creation.
- Understanding and following the bid process through the use of templates and procedure documents and ensuring that reviews and governance are planned prior to proposal submission
- Developing proposals using online software, ensuring the proposal is in line with the client’s requirements
- Understanding the customer’s drivers to enable Wates to create business winning proposals
Our Management Trainee Programme
If you’re looking for a programme full of innovation and variety then you’re in the right place. Here are some of the core benefits our Management Trainee Programme
- We support you all the way through to Chartership
- Competitive industry pay
- We’ll rotate you around our business unit, ensuring you get a full breadth experience
- You’ll receive structured development and a combination of technical and behavioural training
- You’ll receive professional mentorship and guidance as well as great exposure to our senior leaders
As well as structured on-the-job learning and technical and behavioural training, you will also complete an apprenticeship in Construction Management as part of your trainee scheme. This will either be a higher or degree apprenticeship depending on your level of education.
What we're looking for
- Excellent organisational and time management skills with the ability to prioritise own workload to meet defined deadlines
- Ability to communicate with a range of people, including customers, clients and key stakeholders
- Eager to learn with a keen eye for detail and the ability to proof read documents
- Customer focus, ability to tailor requirements to their wants and needs
- Candidates will be required to have a full driving license by September 2020, this will be a condition of offer
A minimum of 5 GCSE’s grade 4/C and above, including Maths and English
Please ensure you apply in enough time before the deadline as applications made past this date will not be considered. Assessment centres will take place in February and March 2020.
About Wates Group
As a family-owned business we know that our people are at the core of our ongoing success. We are very proud to be been named Contractor of the Year, Employer of the Year and received the Judges Supreme Award at the Construction News Awards, recognising our position as a leader in our industry.
Wates Group has a proud 119 year history as an independent family owned company. In 1897 Edward Wates and his three brothers set up the first Wates Company. During the 1920s and 1930s Edward's sons, Norman, Sir Ronald and Allan, expanded the company by pioneering speculative house building and then extended their activities into general contracting. During the Second World War, the company built aerodromes, army camps, factories and most notably, developed a speciality in constructing pre-cast and in situ reinforced concrete barges and floating docks. The company supplied major parts of the Mulberry Harbours that were towed across the Channel after D-Day.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!