Field Engineer Advanced Apprenticeship at BT
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Field Engineer Advanced Apprenticeship
Field Engineer (Enterprise)
As a field engineer with Enterprise, you will be responsible for various locations (internal and external customers) to carry out repairs of laptops, desktops & printers, this will include diagnosing faults and replacing parts, this also includes carrying out rebuilds for various customers, returning parts via Bbox locations and other locations as required. You will also be responsible for installing and replacing routers, keeping up to date with HP, Lenovo, Dell training accreditations and some patch work if required.
Lancaster, Manchester, Stirling, Belfast, Bristol, Weston-Super-Mare, Bath, Derby, Central London, North London/Essex, Glasgow, Newcastle, York, Harrogate, Leeds, Boston, Mansfield, Stafford, Ashford, Preston – Lancaster, High Wycombe, Exeter
Field Engineer (Openreach NI)
Openreach NI engineers have diverse backgrounds, with varied experiences. We're looking for engineers with an ability to connect with people, and a willingness to get stuck in. There's no such thing as a typical Openreach engineer.
Don't be put off from applying because you haven't done something similar before - we have the best training in the business to equip you with the new skills you need. If you're the type of person who likes fixing problems and is passionate about customer service, then we want you to apply. We're ready to provide you with a world class training experience. You just need to be customer focused, and be willing to get stuck in.
Our apprenticeships are designed so they offer a structured programme that develops the skills that you need to excel. Along the way there are targets and checks to make sure you are supported and are making progress.
We're looking for people who are:
- Able to make a connection with our customers in their workplaces and homes.
- Happy working outdoors. Whether it's glorious sunshine or bracing the NI weather, our engineers are out connecting people.
- Open to new technology. Nothing too scary and we will always support you, but you need to be comfortable using smart devices and ready to learn as new tools emerge.
- Ready to give your best. The sort of person who always sees a job through and takes pride in doing it properly.
- Physically fit. You don't need to be a marathon runner, but will need to be fit enough to safely climb a telephone pole and carry a ladder.
- Prepared to roll up your sleeves. Working in the great outdoors on our network means getting your hands dirty from time to time.
As one of our engineers you could be responsible for building our network, or installing and maintaining broadband for our customers – covering residential customers as well as businesses on behalf of a variety of communication providers.
This isn’t an office job so you won’t be tied to one location. Instead you’ll be on the road, in your van and out in the fresh air. You’ll be visiting lots of different places and working in all kinds of buildings including our telephone exchanges – our central hubs for connecting customers. You might find yourself working at a street cabinet, up a telegraph pole or in the customers’ premises. The type of work you’ll be carrying out will be physical, for example you might be required to climb a telegraph pole and work at height.
This is a customer focused role so quite a lot of the work is done alone, but you’re never really alone as you’ll be interacting with customers, getting together with your team and there’s always people for support at the end of the phone - from your manager and team mates to dedicated teams there to help.
Derry/Londonderry, Armagh, Newry, Lisburn, Bangor/East Belfast, Greater Belfast , Antrim , Portadown
- A minimum of five GCSEs (or four GCSEs for the Field Engineers or Desk Engineer apprenticeship) at grades 4 – 9 (C or above) including English Language and Maths.
- For our Power Engineer, Power Planning Engineer and Spares Engineer apprenticeships you’ll also need to achieve, or be predicted to achieve, a Maths GCSE at grade 6 (B or above).
- A full driving licence with no more than six points (except for our Spares Engineer and Desk Engineer apprenticeship).
- To meet our safety requirements by showing you can recognise a range of colours (except for our Spares Engineer apprenticeship).
Please only apply to your first choice apprentice programme in a location that is accessible to you (as we can't cover relocation costs). If you're interested in more than one of our programmes then mention this on your application, and we'll consider you for all of the programmes you've listed. Good luck!
BT is one of the world's leading communications services companies. We serve the needs of customers in the UK and in 180 countries worldwide. Our main activities are the provision of fixed-line services, broadband, mobile and TV products and services as well as networked IT services.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.