HR Digital Degree Apprenticeship at GSK
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with GSK
HR Digital Degree Apprenticeship
Exciting minds with our Apprenticeship programme – HR Digital Apprenticeship
Human resources (HR) is about equipping our business with the right people and the right skills to help our customers and patients do more, feel better and live longer. We are on an exciting journey to explore and introduce new technology to improve our HR systems and processes. We are looking for people who are passionate about technology and developing their digital skills and who want to work in a function at the heart of our business.
Achieve your career goals on our apprentice programme
You’ll receive tailored on-the-job training from our in-house experts, combined with early responsibility to help you develop and progress. You’ll be working towards a nationally recognised qualification- a Degree Apprenticeship standard – the equivalent of a BA Honours Degree.
Working with both your line and programme manager we want to identify the right opportunities to help you succeed in the short term and throughout your career with us You will also be assigned a buddy or a mentor who will be there to offer support and guidance throughout your apprenticeship.
Our HR Digital apprenticeship provides you with the opportunity to develop skills and experience in the design and application of new technologies being introduced to deliver HR services to our global workforce. Join us as we deploy and enhance the latest cloud-based HR systems (e.g. Workday) and explore the potential of robotics and artificial intelligence in order to improve the end user experience for our employees and managers and streamline our processes and service delivery. This is the first opportunity of its kind at GSK and will see the successful candidate developing skills in digital and technology solutions and Human Resources.
What will you do?
Your role may involve:
- You will join our HR Systems & Digital team and work alongside our Process and Systems Directors, partnering them in the support and improvement of existing systems and the introduction of new technologies. In this role you will be expected to:
- Growing your own knowledge of our current applications (e.g. Workday) and developing technologies, identifying new opportunities and bringing new ideas to the team.
- Collaborate with internal customers and our Tech organisation to deliver enhancements to our HR systems solutions.
- Partner in the development and testing of new applications
- Work with end users to improve the user experience of the tools we provide.
- Engage with local operations teams to implement systems change and provide ongoing support as required.
- Develop help notes and training materials for end users.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship will provide a foundation for future roles in areas such as:
- Business analysis and process design
- HR Systems design, development and testing
- Digital technologies including mobile applications and robotics
- Process and systems operational support
- Change management
- Managing projects using Agile methodologies
While this role is primarily systems facing, work will also provide exposure to HR operations and experience of the various disciplines within the HR function.
What qualifications do I need?
To be eligible for our HR Digital apprenticeship you will need…
We’re looking for proactive, flexible and motivated people to join us in our team. You will need to be a strong communicator, be team orientated, and demonstrate an eagerness to learn, develop and contribute new ideas.
To be eligible for our HR Systems & Digital Apprenticeship, you;
- must have/be predicted to achieve a minimum of 5 GCSEs or equivalent at 9-5 (A*-C) grade including English language (not literature), Maths, and a Science subject.
- 96 UCAS points from your top 3 A-Levels or equivalent (excluding General Studies). This must include a Science (e.g. Biology, Chemistry, Physics), Engineering or Computer Science.
Where will I be based?:
The successful candidate will be based at GSK House in Brentford.
When does the Apprenticeship start?
Our apprenticeships start in October 2019.
- A competitive base salary
- An annual bonus
- Benefit programmes benchmarked against industry standards
- A recognition programme to reward exceptional work by you and your team
- A performance and development programme
- Training and Development (including opportunities to attend events such as the Outward Bound
- Study towards a Bachelors degree
GSK are a science-led global healthcare company that researches and develops a broad range of innovative products in three primary areas of pharmaceuticals, vaccines and consumer healthcare within which all our 100,000 employees share the vision of helping people do more, feel better and live longer.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button.
When you apply, you’ll be asked for your personal information and why you want to work for us. We recommend you apply as soon as possible, because we accept ongoing applications and offer positions on a first come, first served basis.