Big Data Hadoop Systems Administrator Apprentice at Lloyds Banking GroupTop Employer
This job's deadline has passed. Click here to see what similar jobs we have
Connect with Lloyds Banking Group
Big Data Hadoop Systems Administrator Apprentice
A fantastic opportunity to work with the Group CIO Big Data Hadoop Platform team.
Joining our team as a Hadoop systems administrator apprentice, you'll complement a small specialist team of dedicated technicians working on a number of significant programmes across multiple business areas as well as supporting the Hadoop platform.
You’ll get involved in a wide range of team activities, including Support, Project Delivery, Risk, Currency, Performance & Capacity and Disaster Recovery. This is a technical role in a team that is expanding.
- Technical administration of the HDP platform for route to live and production environments.
- Provide governance for our incident and problem records ensuring we meet the required SLA’s.
- Delivering change in accordance with Group policy.
- The ability to contribute towards and deliver prioritised items on our service improvement log.
- Liaise with our suppliers. Raise and track service requests to resolve issues.
- Provide project consultancy, build and customising the platform in response to project requirements.
- Provide out of hours cover as part of our formal rota as well as working evening and weekends to cover change.
- 5 A-C GCSE or equivalent including English and Maths, these must be evidenced on assessment.
- Any higher level related qualifications must be disclosed on application including a full breakdown of modules taken (A Levels, BTEC, degrees etc.)
If successful, the next stage after application is an invitation to attend an assessment centre; we expect this to take place in July 2019. The location of these assessments are TBC, some travel may be required.
The likely start date with the Group is expected to be October 2019, the actual Apprenticeship itself is expected to start 3 months following the start date.
As part of the Apprenticeship, you will be required to travel and stay away at a dedicated training centre; flexibility with working hours will be required to support this. Travel costs will be covered.
About Lloyds Banking Group
At Lloyds Banking Group, we're driven by a clear purpose; to help Britain prosper. Across the Group, our colleagues are focused on making a difference to customers, businesses and communities.With us you'll have a key role to play in shaping the financial services of the future, whilst the scale and reach of our Group means you'll have many opportunities to learn, grow and develop.
We're focused on creating a values-led culture and are committed to building a workforce which reflects the diversity of the customers and communities we serve. Together we’re building a truly inclusive workplace where all of our colleagues have the opportunity to make a real difference.
How to apply
To apply for this role and to find out more, please click on the apply button below.View Similar Jobs
Get personalised jobs straight to your inbox
Save time job hunting - get tailored job opportunities sent straight to you!